Another TEST TEST TEST

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Jerry Sullivan, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Party Truck.jpg

You found my testbed. Something like a flower bed except here I get to grow Ideas, try things out, to see what works and what doesn't.

Test

I looked at the lonely word in the post……Test…….True to form it was a test and, modified as it was, it was still a boring post. I could not leave the post stand by without some dressing. :) But what to post? Test……Hmmmmmm <light> Once many, many years ago My boss handed me a silicon wafer with hundreds of 'chips' on it. "Here, test this", something I had never done.

O.K. it's not about plants…..but…..but the word needs some window dressing. And the story is about a test.

Anyway off I went to probe and ink the wafer. In a research facility testing integrated circuits is a onesy twosy type of deal. No mass production involved. The testing went smoothly I found about 30% of the circuits good and inked the wafer. Gave it back to my boss and went to lunch. After lunch I was in his office talking about something else when I happened to ask "How come I never see any ink on packaged circuits I normally test? There was a long pause followed by an expletive, next he was running down the hall. I questioned someone else as my boss had abandoned his post and he said I should have inked the bad ones. Oops!! A little while later he came back with the wafer and said that this time I should ink the bad ones. He had rescued the wafer from being diced up into hundreds of pieces with the inked circuits being thrown away and the un-inked ones packaged.
    saving hundreds of hours work. Anyway it's a test story.

Now the test word doesn't look so lonely.

Jerry

It even has eyes! Any pot is fair game.

Some plants drop appendages, especially if it has hundreds of them. As the two Rhipsalis I have are moved to make way for decorations or another plant an occasional segment may get knocked off. Throw it away? Bite your tongue!! Pieces large and small are rescued. Obviously small peices occupy the lions share of the pot real estate but everyone gets a spot. Even the big guy in the middle is a knockoff. So when we were having potatoes a few weeks ago one potato has some eyes. :) The eyes were deposited in the nearest pot and there they have sat for some time. Hmmm......can you say potato salad this fall? Who knows. As the plants get larger the two potato eyes may find a spot in the spring garden and may even grow up to out do the great (tongue-in cheek), potato harvest story.

<p>This text is <del>scratched</del> out!</p> This does not work :-(

Text before image....................................................................Text before image
    [​IMG]
    Text after image.......................................................................Text after image

Text before image....................................................................Text before image[​IMG]Text after image....................................................................Text after image
    This text before image…How appropriate, this is a launch equation[​IMG] text after image. Cool!! This works :)

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from Jerry Sullivan's
    Garden
    )

For those of you who have ventured this far into this testbed this is the street where Jerry lives. https://www.google.com/maps/@42.604412, ... !2e0?hl=en
    The picture was taken in the fall of 2011, before 7 daylily beds were put in during the summer of 2013. Here is the group daylily portrait.
    http://www.gardenstew.com/plantstew/gar ... r_id=10953
    A little detective work and you may find our house :)

[​IMG]
    cfs1.5 ( photo / image / picture from Jerry Sullivan's Garden )

Glossary test:

http://www.gardenstew.com/about34166.html <-This hardly looks like an 'A'

B

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]....Waldo?? Waldi is missing...Where is Waldo??

The Glossary Index:

The knock at the door was unmistakably Mr. Mouse. The chipmunk opened the door, "Mr. Mouse!! you're back!" "It's getting colder Mr. Monk, even for me." The mouse said taking off his extra winter coat hanging it on the hook and setting down his case. The mouse glanced at the warm fire. "Oooooh!! The fire is so warm!" "I had a very interesting adventure this time," as he set his case on the table. He opened his case to reveal a book. "A BOOK!!" Exclamed the chipmunk.
    "Wherever did you get a book?"

http://www.gardenstew.com/blog/e10953-5 ... index.html

The new Gardenstew worker was having trouble navigating the twisty little passages all alike with only room numbers to reference, when she happened across a door that said… LIBRARY

At last, I found the place she thought. She opened the door and glancing around the cavernous room, in one corner she saw an older worker with glasses. He looked up from his desk as she entered, he queried "May I help you?" "Yes." She replied, "Today is my first day at work and already the corridors are a maze of little twisty passages all the same." "Ahhhh." The white haired worker said with a knowledgable voice. "I know the feeling." "What is your name?" "Glossy." she said as she tried to stand a little straighter. "Well Glossy, you will get use to the passages after awhile. Anyway, you are in the right place. I am the one who put in a request for a new worker." "Welcome to the library. I'm sure you will enjoy your stay with us. Please, follow me. I do have a new project and I think you will like it." He said getting up from his desk. He walked down past the library stacks. He arrived at a shiny new desk. "This will be your new desk." She smiled as she admired the new desk. She looked around and saw a door leading to the corridor, it said,

[​IMG]

"You will notice that the stacks in this area are rather sparse." As he pointed to the nearly empty shelves, "Your new job," He continued, "Will be to enter into new books the words and terms and explanations provided by people that walk through that door or that are send to you on your new computer. So, get aquatinted with the area because pretty soon it will get very busy." He left to go back to his desk, the room was now very quiet. Then the computer beeped……somebody had just entered a word. She sat down in the comfortable chair, looked at the computer screen and smiling, started to read the e-mail. Glossy hummed as she read……. Then there was a knock at the door.……

<a href="http://www.gardenstew.com/about34052.html" target="_blank">Worm Farm</a>

<a href="http://www.gardenstew.com/blog/e10953-30-a-words-and-terms-beginning-with-a.html" target="_blank">A</a>

<a href="http://www.gardenstew.com/blog/e10953-30-a-words-and-terms-beginning-with-a.html">A</a>

http://www.gardenstew.com/plantstew/leaf-shapes

A

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  2. Loading...