Another Wet-on-wet painting.

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Crafts' started by Tooty2shoes, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

I have been painting up a storm lately. This is one I did a few weeks ago. It is 9X12 on canvas. I will try and post a tread of one painting from beginning to end as I usually can finish a painting in a few days. DSCN3300.JPG

2. Loading...

3. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

I like that a LOT! You are very talented, Tooty.

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  4. Chrisle

Chrisle In Flower

Oh my, that is so nice! Awesome to have talent like that. I will be watching for that thread of you painting.

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Your painting is gorgeous Tooty and just the type of thing I'd be proud to display, framed, on my wall. You have a real flair with paint and are very talented.:)

Tooty2shoes likes this.

Advertisement
  6. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Tooty, you are now one of our resident Bob Rosses :)

That would be so great :like:

Ronni and Tooty2shoes like this.
  7. Sydney Smith

Sydney Smith In Flower

Hi. Really very good indeed. Oh that my efforts were only a part as good as yours - however I do enjoy it especially the wet on wet in skies. Syd.

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  8. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Really beautiful Tooty. It would look wonderful on my wall.

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  9. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Thank you ALL for the encouraging words about the painting. Ever since I was a little tyke I have liked to draw and paint. I will post a picture of one of the watercolor paintings I did when I was probably 7years old. Actually Bob Ross say's that anyone can paint using his method of Wet-on-wet oil painting.

Frank: Bob Ross is my inspiration everyday. I have Dvd's of his that I watch and then just go for it on canvass. Thank you for the compliment.

Frank likes this.
  10. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

That is beautiful. Water colour is my favourite and I have a copy of Vincent Van Gogh "Shelter on Montmartre, with sunflowers" which I bought a very long time ago when I visited Vincent Van Gogh Gallery in Amsterdam.

Tooty2shoes thank you for posting your work for us to enjoy.

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  11. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

KK Ng: thank you for your encouraging words. You mentioned water color as your fav. That is one medium I would love to try. Do you paint? I love Van Goghs work. Would love to try and paint in that style some day.

12. Sydney Smith

Sydney Smith In Flower

Hi. Ref water colours I like to try my hand with them myself but whilst I enjoy it very much have to say I have not got " the touch". Lots will say there is no such thing but I am convinced there is - you can ( and lots do) teach yourself to paint but I think you also have to have that artistic talent/touch born in you. What do others think. With water colours the wet in wet process produces excellent and often surprising results particularly with skies. My main reference is to an Irish artist Frank Clarke and I have he's DVD's and watch them and learn from them - I think he is brilliant and easy to follow. As yet I have concentrated on scenic pics and whilst you can see where I am going with them there is always a certain heaviness about them - not that nice subtle touch look. I intend to try birds and flowers myself and feel I may get on better with them since it will be with me anyway a direct/fixed copy. Nice to talk.Syd..

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
    Tooty2shoes likes this.
  13. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Sydney I also have watched Frank Clarkes Dvds and like his easy to follow steps. Hope to see some of your art work posted soon. Watercolor would be so much fun to try. Love that fact that it dries so fast and only water clean up.

14. Sydney Smith

Sydney Smith In Flower

Hi T 2 s. Thanks for that and pleased you have watched Frank Clarke and he's work. I very much enjoy watching he's DVD's and apart from that and the instruction he has a very easy and nice way of putting it all over I think. Popular also are the other water materials the Acrylic paints which I have used and much the same as standard water colour painting except they do dry hard on brushes if allowed to accidentally (or forgetfully as with me). Can once dry paint colour over colour with them also which is a good point.
    Its nice to talk and learn, I will post some of my efforts and you will see what I mean when I say they are heavy and lack that nice subtle touch. Your comments on them very welcome. Syd. Edit. Heres some of my efforts right from the start including two "instructional" ones copied as a first serious try. All very heavy and lacking that nice flow and subtle touch - however I enjoy it which is the main thing. Theres details attached to the Rose and the Dog ones if anyone would like to hear them. Syd.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
    Henry Johnson and Tooty2shoes like this.
  15. GinnyC

GinnyC Seedling

Beautiful Painting Tooty2shoes! You can really feel the atmosphere in your painting, cool and crisp.
    I've been dabbling with watercolors a little bit too, but it's not as easy as it looks. I always do very tight detailed work 9you can see some of my work in the thread I posted) and letting loose is the hard part for me. I will keep practicing though. You should give them a try.

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  16. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Beautiful, gorgeous.....I don't want the painting I want to live with that view out my front window. That's the kind of painting I could easily disappear into.

Tooty2shoes likes this.