Antiques around the home

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by Biita, Jan 20, 2008.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I would but I don't let anyone take my picture. :eek:

2. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

ROARRRRRRRRR..... :D
    You nutter!
    I don't believe it for a moment.

3. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

Sojerd, my Grandfathers old home place burned to the ground in 1967. Taking with it all the fun places that my cousins and I use to play in it and of course all the beautiful old furniture, rugs, Bible, big huge roll-top desk. I can still see all the things, to this day. The well was even in the house, so you didn't have to go outside and pump the water. Also burned were the wash house and smoke house. I have pictures and they are so precious to me. The older you get, the more special the memories become.

4. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

:D Come on, we could have an auction for charity with you as the main piece!

[​IMG]

This camera was my husband's grandfather's. It used glass plates. The two photos seen in the background are family and his childhood home, photographed with that camera.

Here is a small sample of my husband's down stairs museum, the camera cabinet:

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  5. SongofJoy57

SongofJoy57 In Flower

How neat Droopy!!! I remember that my parents first camera was a Kodak Brownie . . . that was around 1960, I believe. :setc_080:

6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Very nice, Droopy! Your man really has a nice collection. I wish that I had a camera to donate.
    The ancient camera with the two prints are priceless. So incredibly interesting. Have you scanned those fotos and saved them to a CD or your hard disk?
    Very nice stuff indeed.

7. Biita

Biita Arctic-ally Challenged Forager

Those are awesome droopy, he sure has a nice collection and i agree with Sjoerd that first pic is priceless. I have taken toni's idea of recording the antiques to cd's an a journal that i will put the cd in along with it. you should do the same.

Now that i have some new batteries, i will post some pics in the morning,, i'm tired, i have been bike riding all day an i also want to write a blog later. See everyone then.

8. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Thank you for the nice comments. I'm sorry to say that photographing, scanning and making backups are a very slow, but ongoing process that I feel rather alone in doing. The basement is full of stuff, and the resident hamster is not much of a help. The things should be photographed in proper light and from several angles. Well, I'm doing it as good as I can.