Any blues fans out there?

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by kaseylib, Feb 24, 2008.

1. kaseylib

kaseylib Young Pine

We recently went to see this band at one of our local establishments and I wanted to share their talent with you. I was never a Blues fan, until many years ago when my husband dragged me to see an unknown blues artist...that artist was Jeff Healey, who is now a very famous musician. I was in awe of his guitar playing, and have loved blues music ever since.

If any of you would like a little blues on this Sunday afternoon, click here to view their Myspace page to hear and see them perform. Enjoy!
    http://www.myspace.com/dwreunion

2. Loading...

3. Biita

Biita Arctic-ally Challenged Forager

Got my mason jar full of brew, standing on the wrong side of the tracks,, just listenin' to those ol' railroad blues.

Major blues fan here. Thanks for the link!

4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Raising my hand here.
    I just plugged-in the headset and am listening as I type. This is nice music and I am enjoying it.

One of the things that I brought back form america was the music; or, at least some types of music I should say. Blues is one of them. I realize that there are several types of blues, but I know what I like the best.
    I have made only two compilation CD's of the blues songs and artists that I like best (and had access to). One has various black artists and the other has various white artists. I find their styles slightly different.

I have one song by Ry Cooder and V.M. Bhatt. The number is a long instrumental one called "Ganges Delta Blues". It involves a guitar and a sittar with other western and Indian instruments. It is a unique piece of work.

I have been looking for a particular blues number by the Taj Mahal Trio. I do not know the name of the song, but it features a banjo being played in the way that a guitar would be. If you have any ideas what this song title would be, please tell me.

Well thank you very much for this posting and the music...nice to listen to.

p.s. I like the blues music that mountain people make called Bluegrass just as much. I find it such a unique and special genre with moving lyrics, unbelieveable harmony and a special style of playing the instruments that they typically use. Remarkable stuff and quite foreign to here.

5. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

DS's guitar tends to be very blues-inspired, I really love that style.

Advertisement
  6. kaseylib

kaseylib Young Pine

Sjoerd, we used to go to Bluegrass festivals all the time around here, and really enjoyed them. I'm still not, and never will be, a country music fan, though! It's one of the few types of music I just can't stomach.

I'm glad you all enjoyed the DWR...they're a great band to see in person.

7. Biita

Biita Arctic-ally Challenged Forager

Kasey i'm with you on that one,, I can't stand country music. Bluegrass is okay but now an then i think they lose it and it sounds country.

Now,,lusianna jazz,, i love it! but then i loved Mardi Gras!!!

8. dirt2diamonds

dirt2diamonds In Flower

I myself am not a blues fan but being from the south I enjoy the occassional blues concert or festival. My daughter and her girlfriend were just out for a night of mischief and came across a spot where someone had told them was a nice establisment so they entered for the night and were surprised to have live entertainment with BOBBY RUSH (I think a bluesman)

My daughter like me is not a big fan, non the less enjoyed the outing and her friend took pics with the Rush man. I like more up beat music and do not see why there is a high suicide rate for blues listeners first and country music second highest suicide rate.
    this is not my daughter you know but our friend at the 930 blues club. She is gorgeous.
    [​IMG]

They are the funniest pair.[​IMG]

A lovely night had by all.[​IMG]

9. GardenGuru

GardenGuru New Seed