Are there any Garden Stew members in CA, OR or WA state (the US)?

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Cayuga Morning, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

We have friends in CA and OR. Their homes are not in danger ( hopefully) but they are chocking in smoke.

Any members in these areas?
    Any one have friends or family on these areas?

It is devasting.

2. Loading...

3. spector

spector Seedling

Yes, I am in northern California. My mother lives a bit north of me, closer to the Butte County fire, and her air quality was actually deemed "hazardous" a few days ago. It has been pretty brutal, especially last week when the temps were in the 100's F. Every day, the smoke seems to be clearing out a bit more. Hoping to be able to get back outside and breathe the air by this weekend.

Cayuga Morning likes this.
  4. Cayuga Morning

Hi Spector, so sorry. I do hope they can get these fires under control soon. Hope your mother is ok.

5. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

I do have several relatives in the United States, but I'm not sure if any of them are still in California or not - Because I haven't spoken to them in decades, (I actually feel embarrassed just admitting that such rotten people are my relatives). Which is why I ostracized them out of my life, forever...

So I now hope that all the people in California be saved, and no harm comes to their properties also. But further, I now pray that as a sacrifice, the misfortune meant for everyone else over there - May it all get clumped together and fall straight on the heads of just my relatives alone, in one go, like lightning, (saving everyone else in the land).

That would really be a most delightful sight for me to watch, as well as put a smile on my face!

:rofl:

As for the rest, well, I know how to make a cheap do it yourself air filter which uses just ordinary water. You can use a computer blower fan (like shown in the video below). Or repurpose an aquarium bubbler - I am not joking, as these things really work!

When all the infrastructure falls apart, and air quality becomes hazardous - Then this really can make the difference. Specially when it comes to very young children, the elderly. Or anyone else who might be an asthmatic...

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020

Advertisement
  6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Hey Cayuga,

Don't forget our member here, Jewell. . She lives in oregon or Washington.
    Why not PM her.

I sure hope that your friends are oké.

7. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

And to add to our worries, the devastating floods and winds that Sally brought to Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, and Alabama.
    Henry Johnson is in Alabama, and we have a new member PaulaY in Miami. I'm sure there are others that I can't remember right now. I just pray they are all, East and Gulf coasts populations, safe.

8. Cayuga Morning

S-H, I'll have to watch your video later. I am up at our farm without wifi. Last time here, I "ate" through our data allowance very quickly watching news, etc on video. I'll check it out when we return home.

SJ thanks for the reminder about Jewell.
    And MG, thanks for the reminder about Henry Johnson.

Sjoerd and S-H like this.
  9. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

I'm not IN Washington State anymore but I'm directly above on Vancouver Island, Canada and last week our AIR Quality was 10+ (Extreme High Risk) for about a week. FINALLY it has gone and we're back to clean and fresh air.

10. Cayuga Morning

Island, sorry your air quality was so poor. I hope you were able to protet yourself from it.