Are you a Cat person or dog person?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Tooty2shoes, Jul 30, 2011.

1. merrybelle

merrybelle New Seed

Love both cats and dogs. Right now we are owned by a very spoiled shelter dog, Homer...half basset and half beagle. We have two shelter cats as well, who came home with us to keep the mice out of the barn and out of the shop. They do their job and in return, they get to sleep in the house at night or when it's raining, etc...so you might say, they are indoor/outdoor cats. Fat Cat started out as Lucas, but he's such a piggy, Fat Cat describes him best. Little Girl started out as Lady, but she ended up not being much of one.......she was the first one to get "fixed". Hussy might have been a better name. After her hasty trip to the vet she seemed to quit growing and is small for her age. Therefore Little Girl she is.

AAnightowl and Tooty2shoes like this.
  2. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

I am glad you could post Ginger's picture Connie. She is a beautiful dog. :stew1:

3. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Nightowl if you are watching tv eating something Cookies. She sits real proud.

4. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Oh rat's. I tried to get rid of what I posted but I goofed. So I double posted. sorry!

Advertisement
  5. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Koszta Kid: :eek: Yikes I never heard of a dog that hunts snakes before. She is a beautiful color. I can see why you named her Ginger. :stew1:

Merrybelle: our little dog also was adopted for our local shelter. There are so many nice pets just waiting for loving homes. Funny you named him Fat Cat. I had found a spayed and declawed cat that I gave to my girl friend. She named her Fat Cat as she just liked to eat and lay around being petted. I know that female cats can be quite obnoxious before they are spade. They loose all self control. :stew1:

6. CoolAsACucumber

CoolAsACucumber New Seed

Nice pictures.

I like both cats and dogs. I like playing with neighbor's dogs.

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  7. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Coolasacucumber: when I was little we couldn't have pets as we rented and apt. So all the neighborhood dogs became mine so to speak. I would play with them and take them for walks. I spent a lot of time with my furry friends. :stew1:

8. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Ginger full name is My Sweet Ginger of Koszta. . Very smart knows how to tell time. In summer time we eat bowl of ice cream. Right on time-Get off(her) couch walk to bottom mount freezer door and wait at 8pm. on the dot

Tooty2shoes and donna in nc like this.
  9. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Koszta Kid: yes they are very smart. Our little dog does similar stuff. After we get done eating our evening meal. She goes over to the cupboard where her treats are kept. She stands looking up at it and whines to get out attention. Once you open the cupboard door she goes into her spin cycle until she gets her treat. I would think she would get dizzy and fall over as fast as she can spin in circles. We should have never started giving her treats after we have a meal. It was to say thank you for not begging. Well now every time you sit down to eat anything. When you are all done she demands a treat. :eek: Yup she has us twisted around her little cute furry paw. But you got to love them as they can be so very adorable at times. Especially when they are sleeping. ;)

donna in nc likes this.
  10. donna in nc

donna in nc In Flower

I am definitley a dog person I like cats outside I love all animals except snakes the only good snake is a dead one

Mrs. Galeassi likes this.
  11. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Give me an indoor, outdoor cat any day.
    No pooper scooper for me.

12. Clay_22

Clay_22 In Flower

13. gaila

gaila New Seed

Definitely a "DOG" person. I have 2 Rottweilers (Zeus & Tyson) and a GSD named Jules. Rescued the roddy named Tyson from an elderly person who no longer could keep him, due to health issues. They are my little angels. All three dogs get along fine, and love to watch "Lifetime Movies" on saturday evenings with me.

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  14. lukeypukey

lukeypukey In Flower

i was a cat person until i realised what they do to your garden . . i don't know if mine is more destructive than others but he's ruined alot of good plants and dug up alot of stuff . . . . and dogs are just s**t machines and daft as a brush :-D

15. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Lukey-yes it's true that any animal can become a problem in the gardens and start digging and chewing stuff. When we first till up our garden and plant stuff. We have to fence it in because Tooty loves to run in the soft soil and do burn outs and spins. She then lay's down and survey's her handy work.

Denny's baby sound's like you've had a bad run in with a snake. Our snakes are non-poisonous and I enjoy seeing them out in the garden. They eat a lot of bad bugs and mice also. But I know snakes are not a lot of folks favorite to come across in ones garden.

Donna S I think it's pretty neat how some cat's will let you know they have to go potty so you can let them outside to do their job.

Clay_22 yup I to am a dog person. But as I have gotten older I have owned ones that do not shed very much at all.

Gaila sounds like you have quite the nice trio there. Our sweet little Tooty is an adopted poodle mix. Tooty loves it when we watch a movie and make popcorn. She loves popcorn.