Are you a Cat person or dog person?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Tooty2shoes, Jul 30, 2011.

1. greengirl

greengirl New Seed

I love my dogs!

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  2. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

DesignT your pic of Kashmir did not come threw. I will check out your stewbie page.

GG what kind of dogs do you now have?

3. Jadenz

Jadenz Seedling

I'm a dog person. Dad has a Rottweiler but I want a Siberian Husky because they look really cool and they're fun too! I know a girl who has two and I play with them sometimes.

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  4. Mrs. Galeassi

Mrs. Galeassi In Flower

I'm a indoor cat person. I don't mind scooping the poop and she is such a good girl doesn't get on my counters. But I have to be careful she is a hunter and I have a critter welcome feel and so have to be extra cautious of our visitors. This is Malibu my Russian Bleu that I rescued under a mobile home.

[​IMG]
    My guard kitty Malibu the Russian Bleu.... 5/15 ( photo / image / picture from Mrs. Galeassi's Garden )

Tooty2shoes and oubee like this.

Advertisement
  5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Malibu is just beautiful, Mrs. G!
    I have the feeling that most of us Stewies nurture plants AND animals. At least, we all seem to have something furry (or in some cases, feathered) in our lives.

Mrs. Galeassi and oubee like this.
  6. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

We love love love our cats and dogs and goats and ducks and.... :D

Tooty2shoes and marlingardener like this.
  7. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Jadenz Huskies are quite a demanding breed. They do look neat. Very high energy, and need to be kept busy or will find own fun things to do. Have you ever thought of getting an Australian Shepherd. Do a googel search for them. You will love all the neat colors they come in. Plus they love to go swimming.

Mrs. G--Beautiful cat. I once ran a dog pound before the Humane Society came to town. I had a beautiful blue gray cat like yours come in as a stray. He was the neatest cat and loved dogs to boot.

Marling that is so true.

Bunkie sounds like you have a full house. I have 2 very friendly fainting goat wethers. Goats are like potato chips---you can't have just one. Once you have some you will always want to have them around. :stew1:

Mrs. Galeassi likes this.
  8. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

"... I have 2 very friendly fainting goat wethers. Goats are like potato chips---you can't have just one. Once you have some you will always want to have them around."

So true Tooty! They're such a sociable animal!

9. jbest123

jbest123 In Flower

We use to have both but currently only have Butch. He think he is a Rottweiler but he loves everybody and everything. John

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from jbest123's Garden )

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  10. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

[​IMG]
    Willow

[​IMG]
    Wisteria

[​IMG]

Willow and Wisteria have their own Facebook account. They only accept other pets, no humans, as friends.

https://www.facebook.com/willowann.wisteria

To all the others that posted pets. They are all so cute and adorable. Don't they give us so much????

Tooty2shoes and Frank like this.
  11. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

John and Barb they are just to cute.
    Isn't it funny how little dogs think they are really big tough dogs.
    Don't tell my little Tootsie that she is not a big mean dog when it comes to defending her yard. Must be a size complex. I wonder what the name of it would be? :stew1:

12. souvenir

souvenir New Seed

I simply consider myself an "animal" person, but here is a photo of me and Princess Francine, one of our rescued cats. Someone dumped her as as kitten at the loading docks where I got grain for the horses. She climbed up on my shoulder and told me to take her home.
    My rescue dog Harley is an Aussie Shepherd/Chow Mix. Best dog ever.

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from souvenir's Garden )

Tooty2shoes and Frank like this.
  13. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Souvenir I to love animals. As a kid I was always dragging home strays. I love horses also. Glad you found Francine and gave her such a good home. Or I think she pick you like you said.
    My little tootsie is a adopted shelter dog also. Harley sounds like a neat mix. 5 of my past dogs where Aussies. I think it is one of the neatest medium sized breeds,so smart, each with their own individual colorings. I would love to see a pic of Harley. :stew1:

souvenir likes this.
  14. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

I'm definitely a dog person far more than a cat person. That is, with the exception of sphynx cats. My daughter had one, and I got to know Jasper well before she moved out. They are more monkey and dog than cat, and for that reason I am definitely considering owning one in the future!

Meanwhile, meet Tango and Jazz, chihuahua rescues. Tango is the cream, Jazz is the tri. Tango was kept in a cage 24/7 because he lived with 4 very large, aggressive dogs, and his owner was afraid he would get eaten...literally! He's only 2.9 pounds so would easily have made a 3 bite meal for a rottweiler or a doberman. He was fed through the bars, never allowed out, and when he came to me at 7 months he literally didn't know what to do when given an entire living room in which to roam. Jazz was going to be put to sleep at 11 weeks because she was ill, her owner was moving, and the owner didn't want to pay a pet deposit or shell out the money for her vet care. The vet told me if the owner had waited another week or two, it wouldn't have mattered as Jazz would have died anyway.

Both were in seriously bad health when I rescued them, a year apart. Between the two of them, I spent over $1,000 in vet care before they were fully healthy again. You'd never know, now, what a bad start they had in life. They're both barely 3 pounds but think they're Great Danes! I have a chi magnet on my fridge that shows a picture of a feisty looking chihuahua who looks like Tango, with the caption "I'm bigger than I look!" That pretty much sums up their mindset. :)
    [​IMG]

Helping me in the garden.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Loving on two of my grandkids.
    [​IMG]

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  15. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Ronni those are two cuties. My uncle had a Chihuahua many years ago named princes. She looked a lot like your Jazz, and had the same attitude. We once saw her chase a German Shepard out of the yard and down the street a ways. But tell her that you where going to trim her toe nails and she would hide under the couch.
    Sphinx cats are rather unusual looking with their big ears and no fur. My brother has a rag doll and it is more like a dog than a cat. They even play fetch with him. But they are super hairy compared to the no hair Sphinx cat.
    So glad you where the one to give those two cuties such a loving home. :stew1: