Are you a picky eater?

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Ronni, Mar 11, 2019.

1. kate

kate In Flower

I gave myself 12 points , guess that is 12 things I would not eat.
    Onions raw I will eat in a salad, eat cooked for example with liver, no thanks.
    Brussels sprouts give me stomach spasms. Things I used to eat like salted peanuts by the bucket load I can no longer eat. My sis used to love thick porridge but not I, mum used to make mine like milk.
    K

Gail-Steman likes this.
  2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Olives are out for me, as is blue cheese, raw fish, oysters and mustard.
    Everything else I like :)

Gail-Steman likes this.
  3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

I refuse to eat chicken fried steak--if you have to beat a steak to death and then bread and fry it, just give it to the dog.
    I can't stomach raw fish. God gave us ovens for a reason.
    I love almost all vegetables except parsnips and avocados (are they vegetables?) because of the texture. Hot peppers I just can't handle, but I love bell peppers!

4. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Goodness!! Someone does that to a steak?? They should be horsewhipped. Avocados came from southern Mexico, as the climate warmed they moved north. 'Guacs', a rarely seen animal feeds on avacados and turns green. They are rounded up in large herds and squashed to make guacamole. They should dye parsnips orange and sell them as carrots on steroids. It is inevitable that along with global warming hot peppers should move north. Their cooler cousins are great in salads.

Jerry

Gail-Steman and marlingardener like this.

Advertisement
  5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Trust me they are not pounding the dickens out of a GOOD steak!! The steaks used are the toughest cut of meat there is (comes from the early settlers who used every part of the cow they killed and the foods they used to eat in their homeland before coming over here) If they are not pounded (tenderized) they are tough as boot leather and actually could be used to re-sole work boots with no problems. Some poor unlearned individuals have thought to upscale poor-folk foods and use t-bones or fillets, those are the people who should be looked at with disbelief. If the steaks used to make chicken fried steak was a good cut of meat it would not be used to make chicken fried steak

Gail-Steman likes this.