Are you ready for some football?

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by kaseylib, Oct 5, 2009.

1. kaseylib

kaseylib Young Pine

All of us in Wisconsin (and Minnesota) are anxiously awaiting tonight's Monday Night Football game with the Green Bay Packers vs. the Minnesota Vikings. Our "favre-ite" player (Brett Favre) has turned to the dark side and is now wearing Minnesota purple. Minnesota is one of our greatest rivals (topped only by the Chicago Bears), and it will be hard to watch Brett playing for the other side.

I'll be rooting for the Packers, but will also secretly cheer for Brett...he'll always have a place in our green and gold hearts here!

moderator's note: changed chatspeak to normal writing see point 3.2 of usage rules

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Droopy
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. KK Ng
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

Yeah, but Wisconsin is gonna loose against the Buckeyes on Saturday! Go Bucks!!!!!!!

4. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

I don't think that there is much doubt as to my feelings, I am a Packer fan first, and a Bret Favre fan to a much lesser degree. I sure loved it when he was a packer, and it's a shame he isn't still, but it's all his doing. Bret has to rank among the best ever to play the game, and it's hard to not enjoy watching him do his magic, but as I said, I'm a Packer fan first and always, so I am wishing him continued success in the metrodome, which has been little to none.
    As far as Wisconsin vs. Ohio State, we may be underdogs going in Capt., but don't count your chickens just yet.
    Tom

5. kaseylib

kaseylib Young Pine

I feel the same, Cal, although I'm not a Ted Thompson fan at all. We'll never know the whole story of what happened and why Bret left. In the meantime, I wish him well.

And Capt...we'll see about this weekend. GO BADGERS!!!

Advertisement
  6. jakrum421

jakrum421 Seedling

We are also ready here to see some football tonight. My husband is originally from Green Bay and was heartbroken to lose #4. But, the kids are dressed in their mini Packer jerseys and the steaks are marinating for the grill. Go Pack!

7. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Not a Farve fan anymore since he is not a Packer....I thought if it wouldn't of been for 69 we might of had a better chance...I would not want to be Rodgers...trying to fit in when so many are still Farve fans....and I am loyal to the Packers no matter how they play ....I was just hoping Farve would get knocked over a few times too.

[​IMG]
    Green Bay Packers ( photo / image / picture from Sherry8's Garden )

8. kaseylib

kaseylib Young Pine

The Packers sure have a lot of work to do. Rodgers needs to learn to let go of the ball and the line needs to work harder so he doesn't end up on the ground so many times...8 sacks!!! Glad he wasn't hurt. And I was glad that Brett had a good game, despite our loss.

9. Capt Kirk

Told ya so! Go Bucks! :)

10. kaseylib

kaseylib Young Pine

Yeah, we're batting "O" here in Wisconsin this week. I just caught the tail end of the Wisconsin game, and it looked like it was a good game.

Snow flurries here today...Brrr!

11. Capt Kirk

It was a good game. Very up in the air the whole first half. You can keep the snow up there!