Basil the Beagle

Discussion in 'Pets' started by cajunbelle, Sep 6, 2006.

1. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Well DD has done it again. The neighbors got yet another puppy and of course decided they didn't want it. So DD is buying it from them. It is a miniature beagle, and here is his debut:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Poor baby, Lucky decided to assert her authority and bit him on his little nose, I am afraid it will scar.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. reggaefan
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. cajunbelle
      Replies:
      Views:

3. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Oooooh He is sooooo cute.Sorry Lucky was jealous maybe raggae needs to have a heart to heart with lucky .You guys are sucker :D Whats his name
    Unlucky .

4. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Hey watch the S word, I am not a sucker. LOL, He is a cutie, but the neighbors make me so mad. This is like the 6th small dog they have had since they moved in 5 years ago. And they have probably had twice that many other dogs. My Mom has the pomerainian and now we have Basil.

5. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

I have Fred the Beagle. He was supposed to be a miniture, 11"s tall and 15#. He is a Blue Tic Beagle but is about 15"s and 30#. But he fun and we enjoy him. Wannabe

Advertisement
  6. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Gorgeous dog but I've seen that depressed look before. I'd bet it wasn't a happy camper at its previous abode, poor fellow. But I'm 100% sure it will have a MUCH happier existence with you and Richard now. Well done for taking it in ;)

7. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

He is just the cutest puppy. I love beagles. My dad raised them when I was just a little tyke.

8. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Sharon is there no-one you can report your neighbours to? It's obvious that they like the novelty of puppies but only for a short time before they get tired of them. :-x

I'm glad you've taken Basil in and I hope he has a really lovely, and long, life with you. Beagles are soooo full of character that I'm sure he'll prove to be a great companion once Lucky gets used to having him around.

Just let's hope that those neighbours of yours don't get yet another pup to replace him!!!! :(

9. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

He is sooo cute - for a dog. I am more of a cat person.

10. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Eileen, it is complicated. There is a containment law int he parish where we live. I could have called the Louisiana ASPCA on them for abuse of some of the dogs they had chained up. If I do then they will retaliate by killing my cats. It's a darn if you do, darn if you don't situation. I just hope they get no more dogs.

11. southern bell

southern bell Seedling

Ahhww just look at those eyes, he's just a cutie. I hate when people get a dog and once the new wears off it's mistreated or just put aside like an old toy. Being a dog owner and lover of animals it just makes me darn mad. That why I have Repo, cause I repoed him!