Bedroom/Office

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by barbie, Sep 26, 2006.

1. barbie

barbie New Seed

I need to make my room inro a office/bedroom. anyone got some ideas??

2. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hi Barbie so glad you have joined us here at GardenStew. :D

I had my daughters old room made into an office/ bedroom. Instead of a bed we had a double futon which during the day was a sofa and at night became a bed. We had a corner desk which the computer sat on(shelves below for books) and a double wardrobe unit. Half of the wardrobe held the conventional clothes and the other half (with shelves) held shoes and a portable TV. The drawer unit at the bottom of the wardrobe were filled with underwear and t.shirts etc. The only other item of furniture was a filing cabinet which held all our papers. The filing cabinet was draped with a cloth which matched the curtains and bedding and we sat a plant on top.

I hope this has helped you a little in deciding what to do with your room.

Looking forward to getting to know you.
    :-D

3. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

We have a bedroom that used to be an office (other way around, but still...) - one thing that we like from its office days is that the ceiling has been hung with soundproofing tiles and it makes it very quiet and peaceful in there.

4. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

I divided up the master br years ago, put louvered bifold doors up as a wall between where we sleep and the office/ art studio

5. pnnetbuy

pnnetbuy New Seed

I have a room where I had to do that. I used a futon too for the space saving reasons. I ended up matching the computer desk to the futon and it looks pretty darned good. ;)