Been off line for a few days..so missed you all..thing is have you missed me...

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by DianneWoollie, May 5, 2021.

1. DianneWoollie

DianneWoollie In Flower

lots of photos to show but to be honest it is just so good to have a connection again....

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Shawchert
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. beenie
      Replies:
      Views:

3. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Yes, I was wondering where you had gone. Good that you're back!

Logan likes this.
  4. DianneWoollie

DianneWoollie In Flower

ok my faith has been restored so soon......haha...thanks

Logan and S-H like this.
  5. mart

mart Strong Ash

We sure noticed your absence ! Where have you been ??

Logan likes this.

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Things just weren't the same without you. :(

Logan likes this.
  7. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Pray tell, what have you been up to?

Logan likes this.
  8. Palustris

Palustris Young Pine

Loss of connection is most annoying, almost like losing the ability to talk.

Logan likes this.
  9. DianneWoollie

DianneWoollie In Flower

Hello and sorry going to moan as had a right mess about today ..We are purchasing a piece of land that adjoins our and belongs to our elderly french neighbours but has always been fenced off from their lovely garden. I think it was pasture land as he was a Farmer and does still own various plots around the commune here, including his own woods that keep them in good supply for their heating etc.
    We were supposed to sign the final deeds 28th April gone.Changed to the 17th May now because we have an organisation called SAFER run by the government to protect.
    So any agriculture land has to pass them for approval. The land is only 1342 sq metres so that is not really of interest to them but law is law. In the meantime the elderly french couple have give us a Cadastral (a plan of the land) of their land plus the land we wish to purchase. They had marked a query on the measurements on just one corner of the land. We could not really understand there broad accents so turned to our Estate Agent for help..goes on and on and on all day,
    She is basically being..no idea what your talking about attitude..we were told by her that planning permission was on the land for a house and annex and said that several times to us in emails....but today all is changed when I have asked for copies of this permission. The paperwork in French arrived this morning and I managed to translate via Google Translate also sending copies to good friends in the UK that have a holiday home near us here and have, over the course of many years, had to deal with planning issues..so quite experienced..will send now and add to this in a while...
    basically I am dealing with people who do not seem to understand my requests, they are also English, so maybe they think I was born under a gooseberry bush when in fact I arrived from another planet....:chuckle:
    I just need to get outside in the sun again and enjoy my garden so I will stand my ground and be firm and try and not get so cross with the E.A's..now I am dealing with Elaine no longer Chloe only the names are different though. Elaine has now decided to tell that the planning is outline only..fathomed that already and told them that...also told them it is only valid for 18th months and runs out exactly the day we are due to sign for the deeds of ownership...call me cynical because in other words we are now expected to buy it with no current planning consent or permission at the same costs...Then she included that info about the 18 mths valid only.. in her email as well, having me told her she then repeats it to me as if I had not said it..well not sure they should be involved in selling property maybe better placed on the stage...sweeping it...:smt081.

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    Logan likes this.
  10. DianneWoollie

DianneWoollie In Flower

phone calls so will have to finish this tomorrow now,,,,feels like book now,,,haha

Logan likes this.
  11. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Glad to see that you're back.
    :)

DianneWoollie likes this.
  12. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hope all goes well for you and that you get the land you want.

13. DianneWoollie

DianneWoollie In Flower

Thanks Eileen.. I cant believe the email I got from the Estate Agent this morning, I had requested 3 things to be corrected and all I received was another Politician's response...telling me all the things I already knew and ignoring the real issues...
    looking at your avatar of a goldfinch has just made me think of the Hoopoe's we have every year and they have certainly arrived again, so pleased to say...and we have worked in the garden as usual and they have come fairly close to us..just need to carry the camera around more often again.....

Last edited: May 7, 2021
    Logan likes this.
  14. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Yes hope it goes well with your land buying.:)