Best vegetable to grill as an appetizer?

Discussion in 'Recipes and Cooking' started by foodLover, May 11, 2007.

1. foodLover

foodLover New Seed

What is the best vegetable to grill as an appetizer in your experience at barbecuing?

2. Loading...

3. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Mushroons, plain or stuffed. Wannabe

4. Melissa

Melissa Seedling

carrots covered in butter salt and pepper cook till tinder ,(in foil). remove from foil, cook on grill. this is useing whole carrots. very good.

5. StarLiteFarms

StarLiteFarms Seedling

Ooo yum! I love grilled yellow squash/ zuccini/onion/mushrooms/bell pepper both yellow and red with chicken (ya know.. shishkabobs!! :) OOoo my mouth is watering cant wait til i get veggies growin!! lol

Ohhh and cant forget, baby green onions with just a small bulb of white onion on them covered with butter, salt and pepper. Wrapped in foil and cooked til tender! YUM!

Advertisement
  6. bethie

bethie Young Pine

Take button mushrooms,cherry tomatos, onion chunks and pepper pieces and marinate in olive oil,balsamic vinegar and garlic overnight and grill. So good. 8)

7. foodLover

foodLover New Seed

Thanks for the recipe ideas guys.
    They all sound very tasty and good.

8. Mountain Juggalo

Mountain Juggalo New Seed

Don't forget hot pepper!

9. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I love grilled corn on the cobb.It is so ggod and so easy.Wash corn after husking lay on foil place butter on top salt and pepper to taste.Wrap in the foil and grill until tender.Yummy

10. Gizmo

Gizmo Animal Magnet

Well, I was going to say corn but Glendann got it. The only differents is I keep the husks on.

11. StarLiteFarms

StarLiteFarms Seedling

Mm im so hungry! lol I love grilled corn as well! I also keep the husks on but being in a hispanic family(my husband) we eat it with mayonaise and salt and pepper Or they use chili powder. (I just use butter and salt and pepper and occasionally mayo) lol

I cant forget RATS!! YUM I love grilled rats! Okok... for those who dont know what im talking about. Im not talking about those pesky rodents!! lol
    Im talking about jalapenos sliced in half and devained and deseeded. (place aside the seeds and vains in a small mixing bowl) keep the green stems on the peppers so to have something to hold on to if possible. Now, add an 8 oz package of cream cheese to the seeds and veins and mix together. Its best to let this mixture to stand over night so the flavor of the seeds mix with the cheese. Once cheese mixture is ready, fill each half of sliced pepper full and wrap a piece of bacon around the the cheesey pepper. Finish all the peppers this way and then charcoal until bacon is crisp or to your liking. I prefer crisp bacon myself.

Of course, if you dont want the seeds to be in (since seeds are hotter than the pepper you can leave them out if your not the brave type) lol Oh, I havent tried this yet but you can always find a less hot pepper.. I think Jalapenos are best though.

12. foodLover

foodLover New Seed

I like the chili powder idea on the corn StarLiteFarms.

13. SunflowerOcity

SunflowerOcity New Seed

Veggies on the Grill!

Wow! Those are some great suggestions. My favorite veggie to grill is asparagus spears. I cote them with an olive oil spray that you can get at any grocery store and grill them right on the grill. I also bought a handy device that looks like a frying pan with holes all over and a removable handle. This works great for veggies on the grill. You can cut them up and through them in this pan and then shake the pan while cooking to stir and flip the veggies. "M'm! M'm! Good!