BJ, the Tail-less Wonder

Discussion in 'Pets' started by cajunbelle, Jun 24, 2006.

1. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

BJ was born through irresponsible pet ownership. The neighbors brought 2 females kittens home, left them outside, never fed them or paid attention to them. They ended up coming to eat with my crew, I found a home for one, the other got pregnant, had four black boys, we had her and the four kittens fixed when they were 8 weeks old, this is my baby, BJ:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. bsewnsew
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

I never can understand people who won't care for their animals - I am so glad that you were able to help their lives be better! He's adorable - did his brothers have regular length tails, then?

4. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

He is just to cute .My son has 5 bobtail cats.None of them are black.

5. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Yes, his three brothers and the mom have regular tails, the dad was a stray bobtail feral(he had about half a tail) we called Bob, so BJ stands for Bob Jr. He has no tail at all, just some hair that comes to a point, his back legs are higher than his front legs. He is a very compact built fellow and very agile. His favorite time to love on you is about 3 in the morning, he will wake you up with headbutts, get loved and then go back to sleep. He is spoiled to the max.

Advertisement
  6. catkins

catkins Seedling

Oh how cute, he looks fit and well now. :-x @ people who have pets and dont look after them.These people should be forced to suffer the same treatment.
    Catkins

7. jubabe296

jubabe296 Official Garden Fairy

Awww! He is a beautiful cat!! I'm very partial to bobtails, I have two, a male and female. They are fixed so no more babies for us. I agree with Primsong and Catkins, people should be more responsible.

8. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

How is his balance Sharon? I'd imagine the lack of a tail is somewhat of a irritating handicap for a cat.

P.S How did he end up in the barrow? A gardener at heart maybe.

9. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Actually, his balance is great, he is always up a tree and running logs and such. He probably just jumped in the barrow, he is pretty fearless. Yes, he is a good little gardener, always digging and leaving unwanted presents. Ugh.

Jubabe, I am glad your cats are fixed, all of mine except one feral male is fixed. We just can't lure him into a trap and he has been here six years and we still can't touch him.

10. Desert Rat

Desert Rat The Dusty Blogger

We had a stray cat showed up one cold winter day. His name was Charlie. He adopted us and sometimes was a housecat and sometimes a yard cat. One day a very pretty orange and white cat showed up and started eating from Charlie's food dish. He sat there and let her eat. Anyone else he chased. We could never get near her unless she came and sat by us. If we tried to pat her or touch her she left. One day she never came back. Charlie disappeared one day, too. He was such a nice cat but we didn't own him. He was his own cat and he adopted us. Dooley

11. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I hate to get close to an animaland it just dissapears .I always wonder what happened to them.

12. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

DR, that is the case with most cats, you never really own them. That's why I don't feel bad when one of mine goes, I take them in , I have them altered so they are not reproducing, and I feed and love them, they stand a lot better chance with me than on the streets. Some people say what I do is wrong bc they are not strictly house cats, they shouldn't be left to roam, but hey, I do what I can and if that's wrong, then so be it.

13. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

It's not wrong at all Sharon. I just wish more people could be as sensible as you are. Getting them altered and caring for them for however long they are with you is certainly no bad thing. BJ is a very good example of how well cared for 'your' cats are - he's a credit to you. :-D

14. Hank

Hank Seedling

We trapped a young feral male a few years back. Thought we were doing the "right thing" and called to make an appt to have him fixed. The vet said we'd have to get him his first and second rounds of shots before he could get neutered. All said, it would have been almost $200. :eek:
    It's great when people help control the population of ferals, but the vets around here only care about their pocketbooks. :-x

15. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Sometimes the Humane Society will do them at a discount rate. Dooley

16. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Our vet, as of yet, does not require the shots, and he is low cost spay/nueter. We also use an organization called Cat Haven, which does them for free and gives a five year vaccination. It is totally donation funded, so they do not always have the funds, but they have helped us a lot. I think that a lot more people would be willing to help, except for the cost. I agree with you Hank, that is out of my price range for sure.