Blank canvas

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Shawchert, Apr 23, 2022.

1. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Me write a book? Yeah, that will be the day alright... :snicker: Seriously though, whatever useful stuff I have to share - I do so here. So if anyone wants to look at it, then this forum has a very good search.

People nowadays don't read books anymore either. Not as much as they once use to. They seem more interested in watching videos. I too am sometimes guilty of this. So I doubt if I will ever get around to writing any book.

But thanks for the suggestion. :cool:

Anita-92 likes this.
  2. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

How lovely that you both have blank slates to garden as you wish!

Anita-92 likes this.
  3. Shawchert

Shawchert In Flower

Well then, start a YouTube page

4. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

I already have a YouTube channel. One video of mine about ship breaking and recycling had over 2.5 or 3 million views.

However it soon became a pain dealing with all the nasty comments many idiots would leave, (ranging from racist slander aimed at me personally, to other unkind references made to female members of family) - At first I enjoyed it, as I'm always up for a fight. So it was fun for a time to answer them back in the same way. But eventually a point came when all I did the whole day was nothing but either delete comments, or keep fighting them... This too I could manage, but it eventually started to have a negative effect on my productivity. Also, whenever I would take a break for a few days to do something else. I would face a mountain of more nasty comments and spam when I would return later. So more work for me - I disabled comments, but the moment I did, videos stopped getting views.

I once made a detailed over an hour long video about the annual flower show too, held by our horticultural society. But after doing that, I realized that I actually completely missed out on enjoying the show - And was just busy filming everything. Like the camera had now taken control of my life...

:shrug:

This was around 10 years ago. Now people say that YouTube has improved, and automated bots filter out nasty comments too - But I've already lost interest... Today people can even make some extra money on the side from having a YouTube channel. But like I said, I've already got enough on my plate.

I'm just happy to be here. This is a good community where I come to relax. And I've made some very nice friends over here too. So I'm satisfied.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2022

Advertisement
  5. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

I am so so happy for you! This is very exciting - what a lovely home you have. Well deserving for someone so excited to make it and the garden their own. Can't wait to see what you create!