Blue Rose!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by S-H, May 16, 2020.

1. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

It seems that someone on the most popular Pakistani online shopping site is selling seeds of blue rose. Is this real or a scam?

Seems like they are genetically modified seeds from China...

https://www.daraz.pk/products/100-p...0e.searchlist.list.11.63ed2fecZBU0O3&search=1

If the above link doesn't work, simply go to the main website and search for: "blue rose seeds".

https://www.daraz.pk/

IMG_20200516_194458.jpg

Price is around 2 to 3 US$... So even if it's a scam, I think it can't hurt. Also, if too many people complain about a seller, this online shopping website is very strict - And so will ban the seller forever. So not really worth trying to fool anyone for a quick buck.

I have absolutely no experience growing roses from seeds... Should I give it a try?

Last edited: May 16, 2020
  2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I had a Blue Girl hybrid tea rose many years ago, the color was very pale nothing as bright as that one. And it did not stay blue, it died off and the original rose, 'Dr Huey',it was grafted to took over.

S-H likes this.
  4. mart

mart Strong Ash

Scam !!

S-H likes this.
  5. Odif

Odif Young Pine

Nah mate, I think I saw this pic a few years ago. When you plant seeds of roses, you cannot be sure what you will get.

S-H likes this.

Advertisement
  6. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

scam

S-H likes this.
  7. Luis_pr

Luis_pr New Seed

There are roses whose name contains the word "blue" but they are shades of pink/purples. There are only a small number of plants that can produce blues, (1) non-white hydrangea macrophyllas in acidic soil and (2) plumbagos being some of them. Hardy hibiscuses are trying to get close to a blue hibiscus but only get to a shade of purpleish.

However, you can put the rose stem with a bloom in water, add blue coloring to the water and some of it will filter into the bloom. So you could get closer to a real blue that way.

S-H likes this.
  8. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

I saw one of those photo shop pictures for tomatoes once too. someone asked me if they really came true to seed .. every tomato on the cluster.....everyone was a different color.

S-H likes this.