Bottoms Up !—Bottoms, Knees, Bears ‘n Bees

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Sjoerd, May 30, 2022.

1. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

Why don’t they come to your area the bears are threatening your home and much more. If they don’t help out where you live or even if your out in the middle of nowhere why couldn’t someone trap the bear and relocate it. A bear could easily pop in your home and raid your fridge cause a huge amount of damage. Is there a possibility to maybe ask for special consideration under the circumstances.
    They come out in the country where I live because to many incidents with the bears tearing up cars, garages, chicken coops, barns,houses. Not every year but occasionally one gets overly rambunctious . Since covid things have changed. I am worried for you and why someone can’t come out and protect you and your property.

I have had a bobcat attack my horse the forest service wild animal control sent out a trapper to get the bobcat. Never caught it but it never came back. I think someone else took care of it…mmm…Huge claw marks across his both sides of his belly we’re on my horse for weeks. We were lucky it was not serious but had a huge vet bill. My horses are very brave and protect our property like guard dogs. I have cameras set up to monitor wildlife. Lots of deer and elk in spring and many other wild critters .

Haven’t seen a bobcat yet this year but I’ve seen scat from one in my front garden a week ago. I put down plantskyyd and boy it really works to keep wild animals away and no new signs around. Poo is always the sign of them patrolling . Plantskyyd really keeps the deer away too and all other plant munching critters. Maybe you could try it on the bear to put it down around the perimeter of a safe area. It comes in tiny granules or spray.
    I like seeing flowers on my lily’s and flowering plants not just lily stocks standing 3’ up off the ground with no buds on them , the deer would eat them all. Not any more all the plants are in bud now and not one bud missing on any plant.:smt041

Sorry this is so long but offering some suggestions to help protect you andwhat has been successful . I’m sure you are doing all you can too. Just wanted to share what’s worked around my area.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
    Melody Mc. and Logan like this.
  2. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Wow @Pacnorwest. What an experience with the bobcat.

We have had packs of coyotes move into our area in the last 6+ years. We hear them mainly in the night or early am. Lately I've been hearing them during the day! I mentioned it to a neighbor ( the coyotes were howling then) and she pointed to the sky. A plane was going by The coyotes now howl everytime a plane goes overhead. The varoom of the plane must be just the right note to trigger the howling.

Pacnorwest, Sjoerd and Logan like this.
  3. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

Cayuga Morning . Coyotes out howling at the planes during the day. Very odd. Lately the coyotes have left our area. A neighbor that fed feral cats has moved. There were 100’s of them.. All those feral kittens in spring come running from every direction when the food container is shaken. So sad half of the kittens were sick.. there is no limit on how many cat by the county ordnance . But limit on dogs. The coyotes were all over their property mine too as the feral cats were everywhere. Mice, squirrels other food sources the coyotes can smell miles away food sources. Very sad, now that the neighbor has moved no more coyotes. They do have a haunting howel at night Imwould not go outside.

4. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

I was once gardening in our Community Garden in broad daylight when I heard the coyotes howling in the field below the Garden. I didn't think anything of it until that evening at home when the penny dropped. Duh!!! The next time it happened, I made a beeline for my car!

Pacnorwest and Sjoerd like this.

Advertisement