Building a pond, is it as hard as it looks?

Discussion in 'Water Gardening' started by WTxDaddy, Jul 24, 2008.

1. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Hi WTxDaddy, the hardest part about building or making anything is the starting part, what I mean is the starting the physical part after getting the ideas. It is not difficult to build a pond, just have to get started. Don't forget to post your project here and there are many members will cheer you on and provide invaluable tips. I am sure you are already getting the great tips, just don't worry about what to do with this or that, skill requirement ... I would say "JUST DO IT" and everything will fall into place. Well sometimes it might fall into the wrong place, not to worry I am sure it can be corrected and put it into the right place!

2. lukeypukey

lukeypukey In Flower

i started digging mine about 3 weeks ago and the weather and being busy have put it on hold. but im in the same boat as you really wtxdaddy, not done anything like it before, and im a little worried about how its gonna turn out. but i'll never know if i don't have go. if i get stuck somewhere i'll have to consult the stew :) i say go for it

3. FountainMan

FountainMan Seedling

Actually creating a pond/water garden can be one of the most simple projects. In some cases you don't even need to dig. If you have a large pot or container make it water tight, install a pump to keep the water circulating as mentioned before still water can become nasty after a while aeration keeps everything in cheak.

You don't need any electrical or plumbing skills. Just attach the ideal fountain nozzle or just leave the outlet open for a geyser effect. The pumps just plug into the outlet.

At your local Lowes or Home Depot they sell fountain kits that include a small pump and several nozzles for 25$. Then add plants. Beta fish are great for these type of water features.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2043225_make-co ... arden.html This can be accomplished for under 50$ around 30-40$ and only takes about a half hour to setup. But the enjoyment will last forever.

cherylad likes this.