About a month ago, I started gathering the information I needed for this project. Here's the link to that post. http://www.gardenstew.com/about22870.html While doing my online research, I didn't find a whole bunch of instructions. I did get wonderful tips and information from right here! So, thanks again! So, if you all don't mind, I'd like to chronicle my progress here. Who knows, maybe it could help someone one day? We got the old pump head from my uncle's old workshop. old well pump ( photo / image / picture from cherylad's Garden ) For the reservoir, I got a 100% recycled LDPE flexible plastic 40 gallon tank. It is 27 inches wide, 40 inches long and 13 inches high. It was $30 at the farm/ranch supply store. proposed tub ( photo / image / picture from cherylad's Garden ) I had originally wanted to use a solar powered pump but it proved to be too costly and too much work. So I went with an electric one. It is a 130-170 GPH Fountain Pump w/auto shutoff . Maximum lift is 49 inches. Required 1/2 inch inside diameter tubing. The pump was around $40 and the clear vinyl tubing was just a couple of dollars (for four feet) I needed some one inch diameter piping. My design required a 3-foot and a 1-foot piece. Also needed a "tee", reducer (from one inch to 1/2 inch), and an end cap. The store didn't have a one-foot piece. So I had to buy a 5-foot section and they cut it to the lengths I needed (I have a 1-foot left-over piece). They even threaded them for me. Great, I thought. Come to find out they didn't do a very good job, and my brother had to work on the threads to get them to work. Sure glad I asked him to come and help! The piping and fittings costs around $25. My brother, on the other hand, cost a 6-pack of his favorite beer and a steak dinner! He dug a hole about 2 foot deep. Placed the 3-foot pipe in it. While I held it in place, he packed dirt around it about half way up, then filled the rest with concrete mix, and then topped it off with just a bit more dirt. (I asked him why didn't he wet down the concrete. He said it was trick he had learned from our dad when they built fences. He said the concrete would drawn in enough moisture from the ground eventually. But this method would save time. No waiting overnight for the concrete to set up. You could attach your fencing right away since the post was already super sturdy.) Anyhow, he then attached the "tee" with the reducer and this other fitting (sorry, I don't know what it's called) where the tubing would attach. connection ( photo / image / picture from cherylad's Garden ) tube connected ( photo / image / picture from cherylad's Garden ) (I think I will put a hose clamp on it to make sure the tubing doesn't get knocked off.) He then mounted the old pump head... plugged in the pump and gave it a test run. Works like a charm! up and running ( photo / image / picture from cherylad's Garden ) Next, we have to figure out how to run the electricity. My thought was to dig a trench and bury an extension cord inside PVC pipe. My brother suggested that we should do it the "right" way and run the proper wiring underground. No decision made yet. In the meantime, I can start figuring out the waterfall/cascading feature. My brother still likes the idea of having a bird bath at the other end. So, I will looking into adding that back in. I'll be adding some water plants and already have my wish list. Then, all that will be left is to cover up the black tub, hiding the wiring & tubing... and finally make it look cute. Updates to follow as I proceed.