Calling All English Speakers

Discussion in 'Jokes and Games' started by Sjoerd, Mar 8, 2016.

1. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Confession time--since moving to the farm we have had nothing but exceptionally great mail service. Bobby, our regular mail carrier, will bring packages up to the house and ring the doorbell, then hand us the package. If the little red flag on the mail box is raised, the carrier stops and picks up whatever we need to be mailed. Once I underestimated the postage on an envelope, and Bobby paid the extra cents so it could go out. Teresa is our alternate, and she makes sure the box cover is closed so no rain gets in, does the same package delivery as Bobby, and if we are outside, like Bobby she waves to let us know if we have mail. If we don't, we don't have to trek out to the box!
    Of course, they are on my A-list for cookies and garden produce. Sometimes that little red flag means more than "there's something that needs mailing."

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  2. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

This morning more notes from the Postals:

00:00 (12 midnight)--Driver is en route. I guess that The lady to whom this was sent was asleep??
    02:36--Shipment in Depot

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  3. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Sj-after reading this post and enjoying quite a few chuckles. I was wondering---DId the package ever arrive??????? Or is it still out there in the twilight zone.

4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Yeah 2T--it was delivered the next afternoon from the last posting I made. hahaha....what a crazy experience that all was.

Advertisement