Chance

Discussion in 'Pets' started by dooley, Mar 13, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Chance is part working dog. She is part Corgi and part Springer spaniel. I was watching a tv show a while ago. They had a segment on Corgi's herding sheep. They trained them by teaching them to herd ducks. It was the funniest thing because those ducks were determined not to go where the dogs wanted them to go. Of course, Springer Spaniels are retreiver dogs. I would not put ducks in the yard with Chance. Her favorite food is chicken and to her ducks may be fair game. Dooley

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. dooley
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. dooley
      Replies:
      Views:

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Well Chance certainly has good taste Dooley - chicken is my favourite too!!! :D Sorry I called her a 'him' in one of my posts but I'm just so used to having had a male dog for many years. Give her a hug from me and tell her she can share a chicken any time with me!!! :D

4. jnnwyman

jnnwyman Seedling

Dooley,

This is so interesting. I can just see those cutie dogs herding ducks down the road. :D

5. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

When I buy whole chicken I cut them into pieces and package them for individual servings for Brian & I. I package the back, necks, etc and label those packages dog food. So, every once in a while I cook a package of them and debone them and mix some with broth into her dog food. It's her favorite meal. The bowl ends up shiny and clean.
    Chance has the short legs and tail of the corgi, but her ears do not stand up like a corgi, but hand down like a spaniel. She is a very long little doggy. We throughly enjoy having her around. She provides some comic relief too. She is demanding though. She knows when Brian sits in his chair that she can bring her squeaky toy and they will play for half an hour or so. It's almost become a routine. She also knows if he picks up his book that it's not playtime until he puts it down. Dooley