Charlie-Bear is Paige’s Great Dane. He's very sick. He's seen three separate vets, an Internist, a Neuro guy, and the excellent trauma and specialist vets at our premier emergency Vet hospital. For the longest time they all just tried different things to see if he would respond, because there was nothing definitive they could point to, to explain his symptoms. There have been so many things, and so many tentative diagnoses. He's been on a variety of prescriptions some definitely indicated, like antibiotics to address the symptoms of infection like fever etc. Some were for pain management because for a time he had a lot of trouble walking, like he was in extreme pain from it. Some were Hail Marys, like the high steroid doses, a "let's try this and see what happens" after the massive seizures just to see if that improved anything. He’s had his blood and other fluids tested numerous times, X-rays, other tests. It’s been a long few months. The prognosis is terminal. He's been in the ICU for two days now, because it got to the point where Charlie-Bear couldn't stand up, support his own weight, walk. He had to be carried outside by Paige and William just to go potty, and he wasn't able to support his weight. Yesterday the vet found a lump and extracted some fluid from it for testing. Lymphoma is the consensus. This is a non-reversible condition. Paige is faced with the decision none of us want to make regarding our animals. It's even worse, because right now Charlie remains relatively alert in spite of his complete inability to stand or walk. It's just very rough right now. It's been a crappy week....well, longer actually, because even though we’ve been dealing with this for months, it became acute early December. Crappy month. We hoped he’d make it through Christmas. He won’t.