Chitting Potatoes - newbie

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by Melody Mc., Apr 10, 2023.

1. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

Pacnorwest and Logan like this.
  2. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

Mel it’s a good thing you can grow some of your own food. White taters have too much starch and a high carb/sugar value. I would love to grow my own lettuce again… nothing better than fresh tasty lettuce of different types. I used to grow lettuce a lot but recently not doing much of a new veggie garden. Really miss it ..

Melody Mc. and Logan like this.
  3. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

Have you ever considered growing leaf lettuce in a pot Pac? I often do in the early spring. Then two weeks later I sow another pot. You may even be able to start it in January or February in your greenhouse by the look of the plants that you were able to overwinter in there. It may be a little treat for you :flower::heart::stew1:. I'm hoping ours will be ready for it's first dinner date within the week. Just a thought. :)

Sjoerd, Logan and Pacnorwest like this.
  4. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

Mel….That is a great idea.. I got planters and pots growing out my ears.. and checked yesterday- lots of compost.
    I have a special pot just for it. Thanks.. already have Lily’s dahlias geraniums in pots. ‘yes the greenhouse comes in handy. Keeping the chipmunks out is another story..lil buggers..

Logan and Melody Mc. like this.

Advertisement