Choose the greater good and share? Or become a profiteer?

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by S-H, Jan 11, 2014.

?

Share my Carbon Dioxide generator design?

Poll closed Jan 31, 2014.
  1. Share?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Don't share?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

I have invented something, a Carbon Dioxide generator, which will be extremely useful for gardeners everywhere (may even bring dying plant back to life)! So a part of me now wants to share it with all the members over here - Kind of like my way of giving something back to this wonderful community.

It really will please me a lot if a few over here also made it for themselves, and in turn shared their test date and suggestions (which may improve the overall design).

Or, I can (exactly like a greedy swine) keep it to myself - And not share my invention with anyone, in the name of future financial profits which it may fetch later...

Now if I weigh both my options, than sharing it with everyone here is what will please me the most! But, if I post the designs here, out in the open, and no one bothers to build it for themselves - Then I (over time) may get a bit angry, as now the design will be out - However for those whom I wanted to share my invention with, none of which would have utilized for their own good...

So what should I do?

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Frank
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Ronni
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

I would advise you not to post it on the forum S-H. As much as I can attest to the honesty of Stewbies, as it will be public I can't guarantee every visitor is so honest. If someone wants to see it maybe they can request it by PM.

Henry Johnson likes this.
  4. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Well, I am not going to blame GardenStew for the design becoming public. Besides, it's not something too precious, (took me just a week's time to make). All I am saying is, will any Stewbie like to make it for themselves? If yes, then I will make the design public, so everybody can benefit from it - But if I will only get a few seeds and some patches, then I guess I won't...

So this is what I want to know here.

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I'll be perfectly honest S-H. I would like to see your design but I can't guarantee that I will be able to utilize it. Without seeing it I don't know if it will be feasible for me or not.

Advertisement
  6. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

S-H, to be honest...I am the least mechanically inclined person I know, (next to my daughter). I come from very mechanically apt family and married into one, but it missed me and I don't know why. NOW, if my DH wants to build one I will have him send you a PM for the instructions...is that okay?

7. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

My first thought... what is a Carbon Dioxide generator and what does it do?
    How hard is it to make? Expensive? cheap?
    If this is something you plan on marketing at a later day, I'd say patent your design. Produce it... and then each of us can get one from you at no cost (just shipping). That way you can be greedy and generous at the same time. :stew2:

8. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Would not have any need for one at this time.

I agree with the suggestions brought forth. From what I have read it might be of interest to commercial greenhouse operations as well as home gardeners. It would be sad if your ideas were pirated.

9. jbest123

jbest123 In Flower

I have always shared what I make not just garden related items. But health reasons don't permit that kind of activity now.

10. Henry Johnson

Henry Johnson In Flower

IDEAS are NOT exclusive to one person..
    He/she who profits will be who is first to the patent office...

Hank

S-H likes this.
  11. Palustris

Palustris Young Pine

Great, now can you modify it so that it produces carbon MONOXIDE so I can use it to kill the bl.....y moles!

12. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Well, if you know your way around a refrigerator, and also know basic plumbing, and have the experience of building a fish tank aquarium - Than making this will not be hard for you, not one bit (but there is some welding and precision drilling involved)... Cost of making it will not exceed a picture window size of an aquarium... Anyway, it's just something which I created, as I wanted to experiment on aquatic plants. However it can be used for regular plants too, even trees!

So now I wish that we all benefit from it - All it needs is 220 volts power outlet (can easily be converted for 110 volts also), as well as a gas connection from the kitchen. Cost of running it? Well, I think it will be equal to having an extra water heater plus a new minibar fridge in the home. :D

The whole idea is that just like we breath in Oxygen and exhale Carbon Dioxide - Plants and trees do the opposite! So where we need Oxygen, plants can't live without CO2. Therefore, if I created a chamber where pure CO2 will be given to plants, and the Nitrogen flow too can be regulated - Than what effect will it have on the plants???

OK, what I am really attempting to do here, is Biofuel from Algae! See these videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OebPtG6J-dg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9_-ZguuhBw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbRl4U4gE-U
    :D

[​IMG]
    CO2 Generator image 1. ( photo / image / picture from S-H's Garden )

[​IMG]
    CO2 Generator image 2 ( photo / image / picture from S-H's Garden )