Choosing a rug.

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by frosty55, Feb 4, 2010.

1. frosty55

frosty55 New Seed

My living room is 4m x 3m and has beige patterned wallpaper and light brown carpet. I also have a black sofa. What colour rug would match?
    Thanks.

2. Loading...

3. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

Hello! Well, I'm no decorator, but I think, depending on your taste... try something like maroons, oranges (earthy, not halloweeny) or greens?? It seems with the neutral walls and black couch, you could brighten up with color? :idea:

4. HeatherM

HeatherM New Seed

I agree with Kay to bring in some color. It sounds like you have a lot of neutral tones, and if you keep layering them, they will start to look muddy.
    Good luck!

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

You could tie your colour scheme together by having say a red vase on a coffee table, red cushions on your sofas and chairs, maybe even red curtains and a red rug. The rug, cushions and curtains could perhaps include a pattern with black and beige in them.

Advertisement
  6. goosedown

goosedown New Seed

You have black sofa and light brown carpet so according to me i think some light color rug will suit like light green, blueish shaded rug and one of the best thing you can do is take different color strips and match with your sofa and other accessories.

7. PJK56

PJK56 New Seed

With the natural colors, mauve,blue,rose,and green would be nice colors to have in rugs for your living room.

8. ecogirl

ecogirl New Seed

It sounds like you could use some color, but to just plop a rug of color on the floor will look like you did just that. One idea is to get a rug that has a few colors in it, an accent color and a little bit of the wall and carpet colors. Then bring the accent color up onto your sofa or in accessories to tie it in. Eco tip: get wool :stew2: