Christmas gift idea

Discussion in 'Jokes and Games' started by marlingardener, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Great story, Mel. You are a sly one, innit.
    Never mind— congratulations on that snowmobile battery.
    I had a polaris snowmobile when I lived in Alaska. They are fun; but at certain times of the year, a necessity.

Melody Mc. and Droopy like this.
  2. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

To be serious for a moment: For me the best gifts are the ones people have spent time on. Time is such a precious commodity these days, and I appreciate that people spend time on making something for me. One of our nephews made us some nice cooking oils with herbs this year, and that's the gift we'll remember as long as there's still oil to use. My late grandmother knitted me woolly socks. Other people thought it boring. I found it thoughtful. We always need those in winter.

3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

I second that thought, Droopy.
    You are of course, completely correct with this.

4. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

That is certain. :) I had a torn bicep and rotator cuff at the time. And even though on the mend, I couldn't pull start my sled. I needed it to check in on a neighbour, and keep a snowshoe trail into another neighbour's property while they were away. The battery was my key start to the sled. And although his gesture of it being a gift was sweet, the best gift was him installing it that day during the cold with frozen fingers so that I could tend to my tasks. ( all be it with a little initial motivation). :rolleyes:

Pacnorwest, Droopy, eileen and 2 others like this.

Advertisement
  5. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Young Pine

Our eldest granddaughter, who has a younger brother and two younger sisters, had a good one, she's given their parents a holiday in Florence in March, to celebrate their wedding anniversary.
    Their first!
    They've been together for thirty years, but only got married last year.

6. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

Isn't that lovely DHR! They must be thrilled.

Pacnorwest likes this.
  7. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Young Pine

Really .. brooms… mops … how bout a battery op auto floor washer .. how does the auto brava jet floor washer for wood, tile, etc. battery operated sound. I have one.. got it for Xmas several years ago.. it works great.. :rolleyes:

eileen likes this.
  8. albertvadas

albertvadas New Seed

Your suggestion of a battery-operated auto floor washer is genius! It's always great to hear about practical and innovative gift ideas, especially ones that make daily chores easier. The Brava Jet sounds like a fantastic product, and it's awesome to hear that it works so well.

If you're still searching for more gift inspiration, you might want to explore the offerings at Name Necklace Official. They have an extensive collection of personalized name necklaces that are not only stylish but also carry sentimental value. Imagine gifting your loved one a beautiful necklace with their name or initials—it's a thoughtful gesture that they'll treasure for years to come.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2024
    Pacnorwest likes this.
  9. AlexFinn

AlexFinn New Seed

It's like, when someone puts their time and effort into creating something unique, it adds this whole other layer of warmth to the gift. I remember one Christmas, my friend surprised me with a custom tapestry featuring photos of our adventures together. It wasn't just about the tapestry itself, but the memories it held and the effort she put into curating those moments. Every time I look at it hanging in my room, it's like a little trip down memory lane. So yeah, I'm totally on board with the idea of custom tapestries or any personalized gift, really. It's not about the flashy stuff; it's about the thought and care behind it. Plus, who doesn't love surrounding themselves with reminders of the people and moments they cherish?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2024
    Pacnorwest likes this.