Cleaning-up When I Can

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by Sjoerd, Nov 4, 2023.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

We have been having terrible weather lately. We just work in the lottie when we can. The main focus is with getting the beds thickly mulched with plant debris from the flower plots.
    FE558FD2-7036-4FA9-A8BA-CEAAE876A0DB.jpeg

You can see that it is coming along. We are also taking up the courgette plants. Look at the size of this joekel:
    2A7BB50C-E12B-4339-95A7-8B7C82078404.jpeg

The path on which it is lying is long.

Well, I am not sure when we will be able to get back onto the lottie because the weather is simply too bad.

How is the winterisation going for you folks?

Logan likes this.
  2. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Looking good Sjoerd, have to get there when the weather is good for you. I'm not doing too bad with things, like you it's the weather and I'm still waiting for some tulips and Hyacinths to arrive. They haven't said that they're not available so hopefully they will come this month.
    Still got to tie in next year's canes on the blackberries and Loganberries, but can do that in the new year.

Daniel W and Sjoerd like this.
  3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

I hope the weather holds out for me. I've just now finished with work, and now its time to start with my home gardens (which I havent seen in WEEKS since skating started up again!)
    Today I'm going to focus on the tubers that need storing inside, and pulling the dead annuals. A also need to empty all the planters and get them stored and get one prepared for the winter greens. I have bulbs to plant and all the perennials to cut back yet. Oh and a whole row of Annabel Hydrangeas to cut back. Monday and Tuesdays forecast is for rain and the rest of the week looks cold. Hope I get lots done today!

Daniel W, Logan and Sjoerd like this.
  4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Netty—I can see that you have your work cut out for yourself.
    BTW—How did those Annabelle's do for you this season?

Still some work fir you to do there, aye Loggie? I hope those bulbs arrive soon, the clock is ticking.

Logan likes this.

Advertisement
  5. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Thanks Sjoerd and i hope that the bulbs come to.

Sjoerd likes this.
  6. Daniel W

Daniel W Hardy Maple

Looking good there, Sjoerd!

Mine is coming along. There are basically seven raised beds or the equivalent. Six are ready. There are things I could do to make things better here and there. I might or might not do those things, later.

I was thinking about transplanting the seed-grown echinaceas out of their current location in a vegetable bed. No hurry. Doing so would free up almost half of that bed for... something ;)

Logan likes this.
  7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Thanks, Daniel.
    I see things are coming along there too. It is so nice to perhaps do or perhaps not do something, isn’t it?

Logan likes this.