Climate Change

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by KK Ng, Aug 21, 2022.

1. mart

mart Strong Ash

Very interesting and educational topic we all need to pay attention to !
    PS,, don`t spend too much on those handbaskets MG,, the market may crash !
    I am sure the world will still be discussing this topic after we are dead and gone !
    It seems to be a money maker for some !

Zigs, Tetters and Melody Mc. like this.
  2. mart

mart Strong Ash

And forgot to tell you KK,, This year has had many problems and most are weather related ! We have 4 apple trees and one very old pear tree which has never failed,, till this year !
    Below zero weather in the winter, not enough rain ? It has never been below zero here in Texas in my lifetime ! Teens ,, maybe and only about a week of that ! Summer drought ! Jet stream is not cooperating with us Texans but at least it has kept the tornadoes away ! There are many reasons some fruits and vegetables fail but there is always next year !
    I can`t grow strawberries at all !

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Well said Beeker - you and I obviously think alike.

4. mart

mart Strong Ash

I totally agree Eileen !

Tetters and Melody Mc. like this.

Advertisement
  5. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

I didn't check in on this thread until late last night since my post which I believe was a mistake. I didn't mean to over step on your thread KK and I think I unintentionally did so. Thank you for your kindness. @Zigs @Tetters - my sincerest apologies. My comments were not directed towards you or anyone specific, and really did come from a good place. It would be a true loss to many many people if you did not speak up and share your knowledge and experience. Please accept my apologies for the miscommunicatioin.

I think a big ole spotlight just shined on my lack of experience on a forum. ( I'm going to stick to food, and trying to grow stuff)

Jewell, Tetters and Zigs like this.
  6. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Thanks Tetters and I hope I did not offend anyone.:confused:

You are welcome Beeker :)

Me too Mart, seeds take a longer time to germinate and germination rate is poor too or am I impatient. Anyway growing seems to have slow down a lot because of lack or sunshine due to frequent heavy cloud cover and thunder storms but the weeds are still growing as aggressive as ever!:mad::dislike:
    You are having draught and we are having excessive rain with flash floods happening every now and then. Good thing is that I had not done any watering for a month :D

Melody you did not step on my thread but made a constructive contribution. Not to worry I am happy that you commented in the thread.:) Like you said "It would be a true loss to many people if you did not speak up and share your knowledge and experience." Yes I appreciate that you commented.:)

Jewell, Melody Mc. and eileen like this.
  7. Tetters

Tetters Young Pine

@Melody Mc. Your new post is appreciated and gladly accepted. I will let Zigs know - he is busy knocking up concrete at the moment for his new shed base.

KK Ng, Melody Mc. and eileen like this.
  8. Zigs

Zigs Young Pine

All good now then :)

Thanks all for the kind remarks :like:

Didn't intend to argue, just wanted to point some facts out to counteract the scaremongering that seems to be going on recently.

Even had a Greenpeace canvasser get cross with me after he didn't like me pointing out the actual figures o_O

Go steady everyone and always look at the bigger picture, 5 eons left....

Jewell, Beeker, KK Ng and 3 others like this.
  9. Tetters

Tetters Young Pine

I thought I would share this with anyone who may be interested. Just found it on Youtube today.

eileen likes this.