Cold Is , As Cold Does

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Sjoerd, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

I've been down with the flu for about three weeks. The Bride manifested it about three days after I...so we have been a very pitiful coupla sick-o's for a while now.---BAH !

Well, now that we are feeling better we again taking little walks in the park outside our apartment to begin building-up our condition again, for gardening season is just around the corner.

The old Zuyder Zee is about 60 yards from the front door, on the southern side of the park. We can make walks and plan them so that we do not have to walk into the terrible wind that blows off or alongside the water.

It was sunny most of the day today and - 9° C... just windy...lord have mercy, it was cold. We took a path that lead us under the nesting blue herons as well as the little park bridge where one can see a blue kingfisher sometimes; and came out alongside the open water. So then, here are a few pics of how it looked out there:
    z1.jpg

The strong winds blew the water upon the twigs and these lovely ice formations were created:
    z3.jpg

Further along the path, we came to a point where the entrance to our town's harbour is. This is how it looks today. Over by that tripod with a warning light on it is a second gap that boats can use.
    z4.jpg

Further along the edge of the outer harbour, the iconic old harbour tower becomes visible.
    z6.jpg

It was a nice walk, albeit a bit chilly.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    Beeker, 2ofus, Philip Nulty and 2 others like this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. EJ
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Donna S
      Replies:
      Views:

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Oh my you're having some really nasty weather where you are!! We have around six inches of snow at the moment with blizzard conditions. There's a red warning as we're supposed to get lots more snow over the next few days. Let's hope we can all stay warm and that spring will show her face soon for us all.

Sjoerd and Philip Nulty like this.
  4. Kildale

Kildale Nature's Window

We heard that it was a little cold over the water, not bad here, no snow or frost. I think winter may be over.

5. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Sjoerd,..sorry to read that you both had the Flu,..its a nasty dose and tends to linger,..hope you are both clear of that bug by now,..great pictures and showing its colder there than here,.. though fingers crossed on the latter remark as like Eileen we are now on a Nationwide Red Alert.

Sjoerd and Frank like this.

Advertisement
  6. mart

mart Strong Ash

Glad you both are feeling better.

7. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

And here I was just wondering about you. glad to see you back. tell the bride I said to get well soon... belatedly but sincere none the less.

you can have that weather.... we have been really blessed this past couple weeks with nice weather... which I am extremely grateful for as my knee ...not the joint but all the soft tissue.... has been killing me. I couldn't have shoveled snow to save my life last week.

8. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Beautiful photos...I am sorry to hear that you and your bride were sick. My husband was sick but I disinfected everything and I slept in the other room and used another bathroom. No sharing of germs here. I made it without getting sick so I do agree with what our doctors are saying about disinfecting everything...

9. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

Sorry to hear you had the flu. Hope you had a mild version (like me) and got over it quickly.

Just looking at your photos makes me COLD! Beautiful but you've definitely captured the essence of cold.

10. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

Beautiful photo's but they made me cold just looking at them.

11. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

EILEEN-- It was indeed nasty weather...so cold and windy; however, now it is actually warmish and now and then sunny. I am getting in the Spring mood.

KILDALE--Yes, it was not good weather here, but now it is really good by comparison.

I heard about your "Red Alert", PHILIP--it is better now, isn't it? I am tremendously glad that it is warmer here now.

Thanks so much MART--I had a little relapse, but I am totally "normal" now. Don't go there, Mart. hahahaha.

Thanks so much for your well-wishes, CAROLYN--We are all good now. I was sorry to hear that you had some soft tissue probs with your knee. Is it better?

Thanks SHERRY--Yeah, that flu came on and infected the Bride so quickly didn't really have a chance to correctly disinfect. Usually we get flu shots, but we were busy with moving house and never thought about it until it was too late. I believe that disinfecting helps too.

Thank you so much, ISLAND--We are all better now. It wasn't really a short experience though.

Hahahaha, 2OF--I know what you mean. BURRRRRRRR.

Philip Nulty likes this.