Computer Kaput, Again!!

Discussion in 'Computer and Internet' started by dooley, Oct 6, 2005.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

My computer is kaput again so I'm back to using the library. It's a good thing I spend so much time here anyway. Haven't figured out what is wrong with it this time. Dan will take it home with him tonight and try to figure out what is wrong. Hope it isn't too costly! Dan says he will find out when the county updates their computers and maybe I can get one of the used ones. They are okay, the county just needs the latest updates to keep up with technology. Cheap too! If you find out before everybody else. Maybe it pays to know someone who can find out things like that. Dooley

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Sorry to hear your computer is playing up again Dooley. :( I got this one from BT where my husband, Ian, works. It's a reconditioned and upgraded one but has certainly been worth it's money!! MUCH cheaper than buying such a powerful one through a retail outlet. Let's hope it's not too serious a problem and that you'll soon have it up and running again. Thank goodness you're still able to keep it touch though. Will keep my fingers crossed for you. :D

4. dooley

Thanks! I hope it isn't serious too. Dan is going to take it home and look at it. It was working okay and I left it to go see to something and when I came back it was black. Oh, well! I'm reading a book by Diana Gabaldon. It has 989 pages. She writes timetravel books. It's a series of six books about Scotland during the Jacobean War and then the American Revolutionary War. It's very interesting. I've read the first five and the sixth just came out this week. I'm the first to have it. So, if my computer is not working I have something to read. I'm on page 459 already. Dooley

Oh, What's wrong with your foot. I missed that.

5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hope you are back online very soon dooley. The place wouldn't be the same without you. Enjoy your 540 remaining pages!

Advertisement
  6. eileen

Dooley I've just had a thought - weird for me I know :rolleyes: It was just when I read that your screen had gone black. Did you try hitting the ctrl, alt and delete keys all at once? I've had a black screen now and then and when I hit those keys it re-sets itself.

7. dooley

Dan took it home and checked it out. it was the new power supply. If I can find the receipt, I will return it for an exchange. So far, I haven't found it. It isn't where it should be. I don't know why it burned out. I wasn't having any trouble with it. Dan hooked to his power supply and the computer worked fine. Another trip to Phoenix. Yuck!!! Dooley

8. eileen

Oh dear Dooley I hope you find that receipt!! :eek: Fingers crossed they replace the power supply or give you your money back.