Danish Loaf

Discussion in 'Recipes and Cooking' started by KK Ng, Dec 15, 2019.

1. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

The weather had been and still is very conducive for me to try my hands at making Danish Loaf. It is raining right now and been raining continuously since yesterday or was it the day before … yes it was the evening before :) The temperature has dropped to 23°C from the usual 31°~32°C and I think it is a good time to try :D

After studying some recipes I managed to write up one of my own and this morning I try it out, right now it is proofing in the oven, hold on let me check how is the rising. It is rising nicely :like:.

[​IMG]
    This is the first time I am doing braiding which I learned from you tube.

[​IMG]
    It is now proofing and I will know the final result in another 3 hours or so :).

Will be back later … :p

Sjoerd likes this.
  2. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

It is just past afternoon tea time … burppp :p Excuse me :D Just had a quarter of the Danish Loaf and it was heavenly!!!
    [​IMG]
    Fresh out of the oven and the aroma is just heavenly!

[​IMG]
    The first slice and just can't wait to sink my teeth in it!!!:p

[​IMG]
    Look at those layers, all 81 of them. It is so good wish you all can join me.

Yes I can say it is a success and I think with just a little more water the rising would be perfect.

Dirtmechanic and Sjoerd like this.
  3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

That looks delicious!! :smt007

4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Okay, you just fed my passion for baking, and I hope to be fed some Danish Loaf soon. I clicked on the link and I think I can do this. We'll see!:fingerscrossed:
    Your's is gorgeous and looks so incredibly light and chewy. Congratulations!

Advertisement
  5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Chapeau KK.
    That looks mahvelous.

6. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Netty it is delicious!:p Since the weather is still not conducive for gardening I am right now in the process of making another :D. Join me for tea? :)

Thank you Marlingardener, yes it is light and chewy on the inside and crispy on the outside! So have you made yours? I am sure it will turn out yummy too!!! :)

Thank you Sjoerd, I first had it a long time ago, store bought and it was not pure butter. Last year in Japan I had lots of it, some pure butter and I am glad now I can make it! :D

Sjoerd likes this.