Did you have help planning your flower bed?

Discussion in 'Garden Design' started by koszta kid, Nov 6, 2011.

1. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

Do be careful of your eyes while out there. Last year, I injured my right eye, perhaps it was while mowing. I know I hit a trumpet vine seed pod, but I think that was the other eye ??? Anyhow, I had to go to the ER and my opthamologist. The fluid in my eye was detached from the retina; it was not quite a detached retina. Thankfully, it healed up okay. I had headaches, was seeing light flashes and other odd optical symptoms. I need to do more pruning this winter too. I hope winter lasts as long as the to-do list does ! :stew1:

2. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

I dont know how the duplicate post happened, sorry. It would not let me delete the duplicate, maybe Frank can help out.

Frank likes this.
  3. kathyd

kathyd In Flower

Nightowl, I will take my own advice and your story to heart and get out there with my trusty shears and clippers tomorrow. It is risky not just to me but anyone who doesn't see them.

4. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

I would like some thing like Fire Bush for more fall color. But snow drifts there. But have made lot of mistakes of Over-planting. Use to go to many flower swaps. And traded on line. And when NOT READING about plants. And wanted to hide LP tank. Had to make a path for Poor Guy to fill it. :D

Advertisement
  5. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

I have to redo lot of landscaping blocks.And put landscaping fabric -sand first. Between flash flood,frost up heaving weeds have gotten between them and unlevel. Seen a crew of 10 guys doing that at house that was on garden walk. That will be next year project. Might take all summer. Not sure how many blocks I have-but a lot. Making muscle sore thinking about it. :D

6. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Jerry wants me not to have weed on my hands and knees.I wear good pads. So I do that when he's not around :rolleyes: But need to mulch with rock. So Flower beds aren't a second and third job.
    Night owl I had Jerry trim lot of our trees. All I had to ask him how to start chain saw. I also got poked. But not like you.

7. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

My brother said to bring pictures of beds. And list of plants names. He's a program designer. Said he make a print out of ways to plant them. And how far to space them.. Been trying to teach me things about CP-but no luck. Also taking pictures. His side jpb teaches at local college. TAKING PICTURES.