Do you allow your dog on the furniture?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Netty, Dec 5, 2007.

1. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

Briggs would like to get on the furniture, he'd love to be a lap dog but he's about 150 pounds. He's a very "fluffy" golden retriever. I think he feels jealous because the cat goes anywhere she wants, except the counters!
    Deanna
    :-D

2. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

That is so cute and he looks so laid back.Oreo loves the sofa and he is ready to go to bed when I am he has a blanket on my bed and a pillow.He sleeps under his balnket and on his pillow right beside me.He snores as loud as I do.He feels like my home is his home.

3. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Glendann, that's so sweet. Our Flat Coat always wanted to sleep in our bed, preferably alongside my husband, and with her head on his arm. Just 'till he fell asleep, then she'd move to the middle of the bed if cold or on to the floor if warm. I don't like dogs in the bed, but she was relocated and was spoilt rotten at her first home.

4. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Angel and Macy are both allowed on the furniture *lol* Macy used to sleep with me till I got tired of her licking my face all night, now I just shut the bedroom door and she sleeps downstairs on the couch ^^

Advertisement
  5. bethie

bethie Young Pine

Absolutely NOT! As comfy as he looks I would find a way to make that stop right away. :scheming: I have always had large dogs and they have their own beds and rugs all over the house. That keeps us all happy. :-D

6. kaseylib

kaseylib Young Pine

Our dogs are both too big for furniture, although I know my golden retriever sneeks up on the couch sometimes when we're not home like your pup! He's getting older and prefers a little more cushion these days, and he doesn't always make the stairs to our bedroom at night anymore.

7. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

We do let our cairn terrier on the furniture but not the yellow lab. She would love it but .......We put them in their kennel when we go away so we don't have to worry about what they get into..

Your dog relaxes just like mine do....so precious...It is hard not to let them on everything but.... I have a cat that is 17 years old and I had to break her many years ago of sleeping on our bed...the cat hair just got to be too much and I wanted at least one place I could sleep with no hair on my pillows..

8. budagardener

budagardener Seedling

Of course!

That is too cute! I wonder how many times she does this without you catching her!

Schultze is allowed anywhere he chooses. Its his place. :rolleyes:[​IMG]

9. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Awwww, that's so cute! Is Schultze a miniature Schnauzer? I think if I ever got a smaller dog, it would be one of those. No hair everywhere...

10. budagardener

budagardener Seedling

Yes, he is a miniature schnauzer, 5 years old, but still acts like he's one! Schnauzers are very easily trained and yes...no shedding...yeah! We are thinking about adopting another one this year, now that we have a yard and not pent up in an apartment.

11. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Budagardener - that Shcultz is sooo cute.
    Lovely little doggie.
    I have a German Shepherd and a Maltese Poodle.
    The Shepherd sheds a lot a hair when she is malting and those are the only times I have to put up with hairs all over.
    The things we do for our animals.

12. Kratz7

Kratz7 New Seed

allowing dogs on furniture....or not

Ahhh Netty.....

that's a really cute picture. We used to have 2 golden retrievers and they wouldn't jump on the bed (waterbed with pedastal)too high. But they would jump on the couch, and since it's a sectional they both would have a "spot". They were so pretty, we would let them get away with it. How could we resist. lol
    But those of you that talk about fur......2 Golden produced alot of fur. I really do miss my Goldie Girls.

P.S. pooches are like children they're only little(young) for a short time... :-}

Kratz7

13. fastgrey

fastgrey New Seed

No furniture for my greyhound. She's never even tried to get on the furniture. She has her own giant pillows and her kennel that she sleeps in.
    She doesn't even go in the kitchen. I told her NO a couple of times and she got the picture right away. No counter surfing for her. She was an rescued greyhound so she had to be trained to do everything like she was a pup. Didn't know what glass, windows, stairs, grass were when we got her. The only thing she knew was how to walk on a lead. We love her to bits. It's been 5 years and she's 9 years old now.

14. Kratz7

Kratz7 New Seed

She looks and sounds like a neat dog. I'm sure she/he is very grateful to you and the family for rescuing her/him. It's a shame people have to rescue dogs at all, but I'm glad people do.
    She/he must be showing appreciation by behaving and abiding by the rules of your house. That's great when a dog does what their master wishes. Dogs are very intelligent and want to learn the rules of life when living with nice caring humans. I think it's really cute when they consider their human, one of them.
    Our Golden's thought they were human, and vise versa.
    Our older Golden would hop on the couch and watch tv with us, the younger one would sit on the floor right next to one of us and insist that we pet her head.....constantly. If we stopped she would nudge our hands back toward her head.

Dogs do train humans.....lol

Kratz7