Do you enjoy painting your home?

Discussion in 'Home Improvement, DIY and Repair' started by maphas, Jan 16, 2006.

?

Do you enjoy painting your home?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SgtBaldy

SgtBaldy New Seed

Removing wallpaper. Now that is fuuuun! :rolleyes:

2. Desert Rat

Desert Rat The Dusty Blogger

Not so as you would notice.

3. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

I actually enjoy painting, but only if I've taken the time to do adequate prep work. It takes longer to tape off the room than to paint it usually. Only thing I don't enjoy is the wavey drywall in our house, they must have used 3/8".

4. Rebecca

Rebecca New Seed

I love painting, however I live in an apartment and our landlady won't let us paint. I paint other people's rooms from time to time to get it out of my system.

Advertisement
  5. azw1879

azw1879 Seedling

I've not long finished freshening up the white paintwork in the house (emulsioning and glossing), fortunately no coloured paint, so pretty straightforward. The small bedroom, large hallway which includes a set of 12 stairs and 2 small landings, and the livingroom, needed ceiling, walls emulsioned, and doors, skirting, etc., glossed. Other rooms had patterned wallpaper, so just ceilings emulsioned and doors, etc., glossed. Also, all radiators were painted with white radiator paint. The house is looking very pleasant with Christmas on the horizon.

Unfortunately, while painting, moving furniture, etc., I became aware of several smaller tasks needing done, usually repairs and such like, but they're done too.

I wasn't in any rush right enough, because after all that was done I had to get out in the garden to cut the long wet grass and although there were 2 reasonable days weather-wise, it was bitter cold.

Anyway, all done. I'm a happy man :-D I really didn't want to leave the decorating, etc., until after the new year, as that wouldn't be much to look forward to for 2007.

C.J.

6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Well done CJ. It's nice to have everything done and dusted for Christmas isn't it? :-D