Do you have favorite greenhouse tools?

Discussion in 'Greenhouse' started by Donna S, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

These are mine. One pickle fork even has my initial on it. Found it at a yard sale.

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from Donna S's Garden )

2. Loading...

3. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

I like my turkey baster to gently water seeds & seedlings.I use several sizes of kitchen spoons.I have to laugh about when my daughter was home. She would go to bake something & find the measuring spoons & cake pans would be in the greenhouse.Now thanks to thrift stores I have all that stuff just for dirt.
    Doris

4. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

I have an old butcher knife that I use quite a bit for tearing into bags of soil or digging out thistles :-x

5. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Mine is a pencil, I use it for picking out seedlings, making a hole and gently transplanting said seeding into the hole. next is the wonder waterer. My husband brought me one home this year from the greenhouse supplier and it is a wonderful shower type spray pattern.

Stratsmom, be careful with that knife, I, too, had an old not, never had been sharp, "bread" knife. I thought I would just leave it in the flower bed tucked down in the soil next to the rock wall for weeds and such...needless to say my thumb raked across it as I was spreading compost and I nicked the artery....I have a lovely v shaped scar about1/2" long that continually reminds me to not try this again.

6. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Given to me by my wife 44 years ago this Swiss Army Knife has been a constant 'go to' tool, always in my right hand pocket. It gets used at least once a day.

[​IMG]
    Go to tool ( photo / image / picture from Jerry Sullivan's Garden )

Jerry