Door in the garden

Discussion in 'Garden Junk' started by toni, Oct 27, 2015.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Back in February I found a junque shop in Greenville with old car doors at a reasonable price and told Randy that's what I wanted for my birthday. So the last weekend in April we went back out there and I got a red, 1973 (I think) Mercedes door. Not as old as I had wanted but those things were way too pricey. Found the old Sonic Drive-in window tray at another junque shop. Next summer I want to grow potatoes in that green box and a couple of others yet to be found. Also, am thinking about sticking a Coffee plant out there and a chocolate mint. Might try some wheat, I have mustard seeds, a tomato or two. Maybe stick an onion in a mayo jar for show (we don't eat them), a bush cucumber and a ceramic cow. Put them all together and you get the fixin's of a burger with fries and a malt.

Cardoor.JPG

Frank likes this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. AAnightowl
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. toni
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Nice set-up. :D I'd love to sit on a stool behind that door and have my lunch on that tray.

Frank and zuzu's petals like this.
  4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Oh my, I had not thought about something to sit on behind the door. I have a few vintage metal chairs, one would fit that perfectly. It is in an area that gets morning shade for quite a while in the summer, I could turn that into an early morning reading nook with the tray to hold my coffee cup.

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I love what you've picked up Toni and the idea of putting a chair behind the door!! It's going to be an ideal place to sit, read and drink coffee. :) Don't you just love it when an idea comes together? :smt045