Elvira

Discussion in 'Pets' started by cajunbelle, Jul 5, 2006.

1. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Elvira came to us as a small kitten, born of a feral mom. We had been trying to tame them for about 2 weeks but they would eat and run away. One evening as I was feeding the cats I heard a terrified mew. DH tracked it across the road, in the electric dog fence. She had gotten underneath, but when the dogs started chasing her she paniced and could not get back out. DH couldn't get in and the people were not home. She finally climbed a rotten tree and he still could not reach her. He took a stick and kind of boosted her out of the tree to freedom on the other side. She let him pick her up then collasped against his chest purring up a storm. Her mouth and tail were burned from hitting the electric fence while getting in and trying to get out. She is one of those cats that is actually too loveable, but she is a good cat, no trouble at all.
    [​IMG]

2. Shanna

Shanna In Flower

I am so glad she did not get seriously hurt.She is a cute cat.She was happy to be rescued and showing her thankfullness.

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

It certainly sounds as though Elvira was really grateful to have been rescued Julie. Poor little thing must have been absolutely terrified. She looks as though she's talking to you in that photograph - no doubt giving you advice on how to take her piccie to show her at her best. :D