Error Message Question

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Comments / Help' started by AAnightowl, Oct 16, 2011.

1. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

I just got an error message saying I could not make a post so soon after making another post I had made. I was merely making two separate comments on interesting posts I had read... So, I do not get it ? I can't recall having any other website tell me that one. Well, the new post is there anyhow, and so is the previous one. How am I going to catch up with Dooley and Kildale if it doesnt want me to post 'so quickly' after making another post? ;) Messenger tells me dumb things like I cannot send a wink so fast, or post more than 5 smilies in one thingy...

2. Loading...

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi AAnightowl, this is a function built into the forum software to prevent too many people adding data to the database at the same time and 'overloading' it. It provides the site with some breathing space so there are less crashes. It happens for everyone ;)

4. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

AAnightowl, This is just the format of the forum. This is some of the nicest forum formats I have ever seen. I have had my own, run many, and been mod in many message boards. This is so nicely done. Don't be upset about it. It may be to stop spammers, you never know.

Barb in Pa

5. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

I've gotten that message too... no big deal. By the time you read that message and go back to click on the site.. all's well.

Advertisement
  6. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

It happened to me. But was being bored was posting too much.

7. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Same here, error message when I inadvertently clicked right after clicking on "submit". Itchy fingers will get you in trouble every time!
    I agree with Waretrop, this is a very easy site to navigate and use.
    AFter cleaning up after spammers on another site, who post the same message a few seconds apart on multiple topics, I'm glad we have a buffer.

8. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Interesting you mention spammers. Sometimes a 'poster' will come along who rather than being a human, is actually a bot. Being a piece of software they can post multiple times almost instantly. However with the in-built delay they can't do this.

9. waretrop

I have seen more sites totally messed up with garbage posts. Once they are allowed to post un-moderated I have seen many members drop out because they are not nice to sift through or accidently click on their links.

Really AAnightowl, it's that way for a reason. I used to be impatient with that but now I understand why. Just think about it. This seems to be a really clean site.

[​IMG]
    Barb in Pa.

10. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Frank has done a lot of tweaking to the forum to keep it clean.
    I think having members who are as active on the forum as you all are helps a great deal in keeping it clean too.
    If a spammer does slip a post in and a member sees it before Frank, Eileen or I do, they send us a Private Message to let us know.

Frank likes this.
  11. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

I am not upset about it, just curious. This is a nice site even though the format is different than the ones I am used to. It is the ONLY site I have heard of where the owner welcomes you personally ! I think that is awesome. I know some sites have had problem posters, but they usually get it taken care of.

12. waretrop

AAnightowl
    Hugs!

Barb in Pa.

13. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

Hi Barb in PA... I am from Reading originally, but now live in Missouri.