Expanding Wooden Garden Mini-Screens

Discussion in 'Garden Design' started by azw1879, May 21, 2007.

1. azw1879

azw1879 Seedling

Obtained 2 small expanding mini-screens made of wood, which start off folded and can expand to a width of about 5', they are 2.5' high approx., with a diamond shaped trellis pattern inside. Attaching them together I hope to obscure the sideless storage area in the side garden. They seem quite flimsy, but securing them to the storage area and side fence should strengthen them, although I can always reinforce them if need be. Worth trying. :)

C.J.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. azw1879
      Replies:
      Views:

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Definately worth trying CJ. My husband and I put up a 6'x6' fence panel with trellising on top to hide the 'junk' area of our garden. I've hung planted up baskets from it and it now looks far more attractive than bags of sand, stones, old flower pots, a wheelbarrow and the 3 compost bins did!!! :-D

4. azw1879

azw1879 Seedling

Attached both small garden screens to Storage Area base. They don't hide anything much, but the intention was more a decorative divide between storage/potting area, and side roses/lawn area.

Worked a treat. After creosoting, they looked like they had been there for ages. :-D

C.J.