Fake window

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by Omer, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Omer

Omer New Seed

Hey everybody, my girlfriend and I are about to move to a new apartment and as a part of our vision to a new living room, I found the idea of a "fake window" very nice!
    So...I would like to know what do you think would work best for a "fake window" - a sticker maybe? a canvas? Any other ideas will be very appreciated.
    thanks
    :-D

2. Loading...

3. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

Have you checked out Pinterist??? That place is loaded with ideas! And yes, I am a Pinterist addict! :D

4. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

I have lots of real windows in my house yet still I have tow fake ones. One is in my bathroom and the other is in my hot tub room which is mostly greenhouse.

They are always fun to fool around with. :D

5. waretrop

Here is my medicine cabinet in my bathroom. My hubby thought I was sick when I told him what I wanted to do. It is built into the wall. We removed about 2 feet of one stud.

[​IMG]
    Real window is on the right and mirror is on the left.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just have to finish the little white ledge on the bottom right. I have a Summer scene and a Winter scene that I change on time. This window is a barn window that my hubby got at work brand new. They couldn't sell it as it has a little crack in one of the pieces of glass so I bought it for $6.00. Every one thought I was crazy but I have my ideas.....I am ok..

So...it's good to find an old window somewhere and use your imagination with it. It does give you a feeling of looking outdoors.

Let's see what you create...

Frank, stratsmom and donna in nc like this.

Advertisement
  6. SusieQ07

SusieQ07 In Flower

Here's a fake window we made for in our breakfast room, I added a balloon valance, which has a light hidden under it, and we even added a narrow sill, for my fake birds.And yes those are 12" mirror tiles.

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from SusieQ07's Garden )

7. PHLondon

PHLondon New Seed

Once when working on a Old Victorian House, circa 1840, renovation we have found a original window that have been boarded up previously.
    The external had been closed with the same type bricks as the house had been built, traditional London brick.
    After approving with the client we decided to keep the window and include some lighting agains the bricks, creating a stylish yet contemporary statement.

What do you think?

Paulo Hanke

[​IMG]
    fake window ( photo / image / picture from PHLondon's Garden )

donna in nc likes this.
  8. waretrop

That's cool. Where is the light placed?