Fashion parade of aprons

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by marlingardener, Feb 6, 2013.

1. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Dooley's apron saved the day! My husband doesn't like heights (understatement). So today, when he had to get up on the shed roof and secure a part of the tin roof that came loose in the recent high winds, he was not a happy camper.
    Six of the eight pockets of his work apron from Dooley had screws, bolts, drill bits, etc., and the drill was tucked into the waist ties, holster fashion. Once he got up that ladder and on the roof, he wasn't coming down until the job was done, and the apron held everything he needed/might need/thought he would need.
    Without that apron, he would never have gotten on the roof and we'd have rain pouring into the shed. Thank you Dooley!

cherylad likes this.
  2. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

You are more than welcome. I am glad he has a use for it. I'm also glad he didn't fall off the roof. He didn't, did he?

dooley

3. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Fashionable aprons with super powers! Way to go Dooley!

4. Lil Bug

Lil Bug New Seed

Well now if we are showing off aprons , then I must share. My niece got married last year and at the rehearsal dinner she wanted a hillbilly theme. So I decided to go as Minnie Pearl,apron and all. So I got busy with a bunch of fabric samples and made this fun outfit.I made the hat with the price tag. and even added braids.The party was a hit.

[​IMG]
    A fun night. ( photo / image / picture from Lil Bug's Garden )

Frank and Donna S like this.

Advertisement
  5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Luckily he did not fall off the roof, although if he had felt himself slipping, he probably would have coverted the apron to a parachute and floated safely to the ground!

6. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Oh, I should have thought of that this morning when I went to clean the chimney cap, but, looking back, maybe not a great idea as the pockets are waaaay too deep (AKA picking apron) to put my wire brush in and on a 7/12 roof, watching my footing more than I needed to dig for the brush. Next time though I will think of a regular apron when going up there as I need to take along a screw driver to fix the supports in it.

7. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Cute outfit Lilbug!

Lil Bug likes this.