Faux Leather walls

Discussion in 'Home Improvement, DIY and Repair' started by desertflower, Jul 21, 2007.

1. desertflower

desertflower Seedling

Have any of you ever done the faux leather wall coverings? My house is old and decrepant(but it is paid for) and the walls are in pretty bad shape. I started slowly trying to fix my place up without spending much money. The faux leather (if you like the look) is so easy, inexpensive and so forgiving. It covers a multitude of flaws and is vitually impossible to mess up. You can paper over paneling and when it dries it covers up the grooves. It is great for sealing cracks too. It comes in a few colors, but can also be painted. You can also use this technique on crafts.

Anyone interested in learning how I will be glad to tell you what I know. I think you can find intsructions on the net but I learned from a couple of people who had alredt done it several times. Also, if anyone has done it I would love to hear what you think of it and maybe some tricks I am not aware of.

Some friends of mine also did a ceiling with white butcher paper. I don't like working overhead...you end up with glue all the way to your armpits!