Favorite True Pet Stories.

Discussion in 'Books' started by Tooty2shoes, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

What's you favorite pet or animal true story?
    This is one of my favorite true pet stories. The Good, Good, Pig. It's a neat story of how a pig changed the lives of the owners, and other people he came in contact with. He was named after a famous conductor-Christopher Hogwood. I think that is a great name for a pig. If you haven't read this one I would encourage you to do so. :stew2:

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Jewell
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. habee
      Replies:
      Views:

3. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

I have never heard of this. Is this the title "the good good pig" and who is the author?

4. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Yup!

The title of the book is; The Good, Good pig. Written by Sy Montgomery. My step-daughter gave us a copy. It will have you laughing and sniffling as well. ;)

5. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

I have one. This is about our dog Missy. She came to us as a stray out at our country lake property in 2006. She had tags on but they were 2 yrs. old. We called the vet's number on the tag, and he told us he remembered her and he knew that her owner was deceased. He told us her name and birthday. We now could call her by name, and knew we had an 8 yr.old purebred Springer Spaniel. He was curious about where she had been for the past year or so. We tried to find her home because we were soon leaving for a vacation. No luck, and we just couldn't face taking her to the animal shelter because her chances for adoption were pretty slim being older and such.
    So, we forked out the money to board her while we were gone (and have her groomed!!) You have never seen such a happy dog 6 days later when we returned to the kennel. She was so pretty and happy. It was a done deal, she has been running our lives ever since.
    The one factor that made this so special was that Bob had another Springer Spaniel named Charlie that also came to him as a stray and was with him for 13 yrs. Missy is a dead ringer for Charlie, it's uncanny!
    We sometimes think Missy is Charlie, reincarnated. She's now 13 yrs. old and has really slowed down. We are proud to have given her all the love she deserves.

Philip Nulty and Tooty2shoes like this.

Advertisement
  6. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Wow Kay: that is a neat story. Funny that they should look so much alike. Sometimes those foundlings are the best treasures ever. Thanks for sharing. :-D

7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Two of my favourite pet stories were written by Farley Mowat...and their titles are, Owls In The Family and The Dog That Wouldn't Be.

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  8. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Oh those sound like good reads. I will have to look them up. Thanks for sharing. ;)

9. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Good luck with them, Tooty. If you can locate them, I'll bet that you really will be amused by these remarkable stories.