Finished till Spring

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Mego, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Mego

Mego New Seed

Hello Folks. My work for this year is done and the bulbs planted etc etc. Roll on Spring and lets get going again. After all the upset and pain throughout the world due to Corvid 19 our gardens have been a blessing. Here in the UK the country has been through trying times like the rest of the world. Our government has lost it's way lately and the people here are getting restless. Lets hope matters improve soon and we can enjoy life again as it should be. All take care and keep well at this time.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  2. Loading...

3. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Young Pine

Good for you!

We have a "low maintenance" garden.
    We only have perennials, I don't plant bulbs, no hanging baskets etc., no veg,. yet I'm never finished!

4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Here, here.
    We here are like Riley, in that the gardening never ends, it just changes forms. There is winterizing, planning , seed catalogue perrusing, more planning....it just never stops.
    We sometimes work in the lottie during the winter rearranging paths or plots, etc.

Well, it is a welcome pause in the hard graft that goes on in the lottie during the growing seaon. I can’t. Wait to see your bulbs come spring.

Growingpains likes this.
  5. Mego

Mego New Seed

Even in the winter the garden has much to offer and a little work is still needed. Nothing like fresh air and exercise to make you feel good.

Advertisement
  6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

You are too right, Mego.
    I like going with a thermos of tea and sit in the little garden shed, drink tea and watch the birds. That is fun as well.

Growingpains likes this.
  7. Growingpains

Growingpains Young Pine

I love gardening, but I'm not a fan of winter. I do enjoy looking out the windows,
    watching birds at the feeder, pecking away at the suet, Squirrels valiantly attempting to climb the steel pole to get at the birdfood.
    Never mind that there is corn on the ground.

Doghouse Riley likes this.