Flat panel TV mounted behind grand piano?

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by WestLABoy, Jan 23, 2008.

1. WestLABoy

WestLABoy New Seed

I'm curious whether anyone has had any experience with a large object -- in my case a grand piano -- beneath a TV mounted on the wall.

I've tried every other way to get my Steinway B and 52" Samsung to fit in my small apartment, but it seems they both want to go along the same wall. As such, I have to figure out how to get them to play nice together. The only solution I have so far is to mount the TV on the wall above the piano. The height of the piano case, when closed, is about 41" above the floor, which means that I may have to place the TV higher on the wall than may be optimal.

Has anyone seen something similar? Does the large object make TV viewing less pleasurable? Any pointers or ideas about making this happen?

Thanks.

--Brent

2. Loading...

3. bsewnsew

bsewnsew Hardy Maple

Get a larger appartment..
    Can you put the tv in your bedroom?

4. WestLABoy

WestLABoy New Seed

Yeah...this is what my piano teacher advised me when getting the instrument up the stairs proved difficult! The problem with moving is that I'm quite happy where I am -- a good landlord, close to work, low rent, etc. Giving it up for something iffy is a hard call.

The bedroom won't work, because there's no place to put a couch for viewing.

I've called an installer who has recommended a mount with an articulating arm. Evidently, the TV can be pulled as much as two feet from the wall. I think this just may work out. The mount will place the TV nearly halfway across the surface of the piano in its fully-extended position.

--Brent

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hi Brent. :-D I thought you might like to have a look at this website as it has many different kinds of wall mountings for TV's. Many are the type your installer recommended so you could pick the style most suitable for your needs.

Edited to say:

I suppose it would have helped if I'd actually remembered to put in the link!!!! :oops: Here it is now:

http://shopping.yahoo.com/s:Television% ... ounts:b=16

6. bsewnsew

bsewnsew Hardy Maple

I sure hope you succeed.
    they are heavy ...So is the piano.......

I have an LCD tv in the kitchen, and was going to install it on the wall and HD though it would not hold the weight......I already had a $75. arm bought and took it back.
    Let us know how you make out.