Flower Pictures /Slides 100's

Discussion in 'Books' started by debbsi1, Aug 26, 2008.

1. debbsi1

debbsi1 New Seed

Hi,
    I have 100's of slides of beautiful flowers most are sorted by the type of flower does anyone know what I can do with these?
    thanks

2. Loading...

3. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Find a photo shop that can digitalise them for you? That's what I would do.

How come you've got all these slides, by the way? Did you photograph them yourself? Have you been showing slides in gardening clubs?

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

We have dozens of old slides that my Mom and Dad have had that we are going to be converting to DVD this winter.

You can find slide and film converters on Amazon for under $100. We got ours at Bed, Bath & Beyond last month with the $20 off coupon it was a really good deal. It hooks up to your computer, transfer the slide image and/or negatives to the computer then to a CD for longterm storage and a DVD for viewing.

5. playtime8978

playtime8978 In Flower

I had a slide attachment for my scanner. I cant say how good it was as I didnt have slides to transfer but was very cheap

6. Palustris

Palustris Young Pine

We have a slide and negative reader on the scanner. If you have the orignal negatives for your pictures the results are far better than those taken from the slides. Our scanner/computer combination renders the colours from the negatives better than the company which produced the slides did.