For all our Chicken keepers

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Zigs, Apr 3, 2023.

1. Zigs

Zigs Young Pine

The UK government is consulting on a plan to make all poultry keepers register their birds.

Now if I was a trusting bloke I would accept their reason which is to keep an eye on Avian flu outbreaks.

But I don't trust them at all on account they lie to us at most opportunities so I'm more inclined to think that this is a stocktaking/control measure that will make it easier to cull our flocks for whatever devious reason they have :suspicious:

I've already filled in their consultation form telling them that I don't believe their reasons and that if I want to keep chickens it's none of their business and that they have no assumed right of access to my land :setf_026:

The document is here...

https://consult.defra.gov.uk/poultr...3/consultation/subpage.2023-03-02.6293264592/

Please tell them what you think before they come for your chickens, parrots, budgies etc.

Pacnorwest and eileen like this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. marlingardener
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. marlingardener
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Tetters

Tetters Young Pine

Mmm that will be the next ruse, they tried to bump me off with the ''vaccine'' poison, and next it will be my budgie. I wonder what they'll do to the robins, pigeons, starlings and sparrows et al. :suspicious:

Netty, eileen and Pacnorwest like this.
  4. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

eileen likes this.
  5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Pacnorwest, that is an interesting web site. We are flock defenders, although we hadn't realized it until I saw that site.
    Our neighbor has "free range" chickens, which means they make a beeline (chickenline?) over here to find something to eat. When I see them coming across the road, I shoo them right back home. I know why the chicken crossed the road!

Pacnorwest, Cayuga Morning and eileen like this.
  6. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Mel.. what a pain chickens running wild and taking food from yours. It’s like trying to herd cats to control chickens .They are impossible to catch and they are just as sneaky. Does the bird flu issue bother you with neighbors chickens coming by?
    I never had chickens but I had ducks just as difficult to manage without a fenced in area. Their eggs are great for cooking and made the best topping for meringue for lemon pies.