Free tastes at grocery?

Discussion in 'Recipes and Cooking' started by marlingardener, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

I have twin grandkids who, unfortunately, are allergic to everything. I'm allergic to nothing and can't believe my grandkids have such extensive allergies - dairy, acid fruits, wheat and on and on. They don't die but within short order they break out in hives and scratch. Bananas however (so far) have been a wonderful food for them and gives them no breakouts.

I swear though and it is my own suspicion that some of our foods are now so genetically modified that it is no longer hardly 'real' food. I really hate it in the grocery store seeing all the fruit and veggies a total clone of each other with not 1 blemish or imperfection in sight.

On another note I do not like the salespeople who spray you with perfume as you pass. That is probably the last thing to do that will make me stop and buy.

Have to admit I DO like buying bulk foods ;) I use the scoops (and definitely hope everybody else is too)

2. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

I'm not a picky eater, and don't go overboard on cleanliness, germ-free, sterile surroundings, but eating from a plate that is passed around among strangers or, as Chrisle said, from a bin where folks don't necessarily use the scoops, or buying food that is open to anyone who wants to stick their hand into it, I just don't want to try it. Now, if someone would give out sample glasses of wine . . . .

Islandlife likes this.