Garden April 2023

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Palustris, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Palustris

Palustris Young Pine

2. Loading...

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Looking good Palustris! :like:

Sjoerd, eileen and Pacnorwest like this.
  4. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Palustris.. what a beautiful garden and well designed landscaping. Hard scapes flowerbeds Gazebo as well as a potting area is also a gardeners dream .
    I really enjoyed that walk around in your garden . Lovely peaceful cheerful and bloomin flower garden . The best space to relax and learn about the power of nature and how well all your plants are pared along with shade and sun .
    Now that’s a splendid four seasons garden.
    Thank you for the virtual treat exploring your garden, enjoyed your garden very much.

Sjoerd and eileen like this.
  5. Palustris

Palustris Young Pine

Done by just me and she who is always right. We did pay for the fencing to be put in, but we removed the conifer hedging ourselves.
    Remember we are retired, fairly fit (except for the arthritic hands, neck and back). I tend to do half an hour in the garden, then come in and play on the computer for half an hour, then back out again. Saves getting bored. A lot of the hard landscaping, paths etc. were already in place. I would love to be able to replace the crazy paving of the patio with proper slabs, but that would break the bank.
    Glad you enjoyed it.

Sjoerd and Pacnorwest like this.

Advertisement
  6. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

I think when we retire a garden is the best way to stay in shape. You don’t have a choice when the garden needs attention, like perhaps a gym membership opts for a choice to go or not .
    It is a lot of work as we age we are basically forced to learn our limitations. And learn to be mindful of garden projects . Taking time to rethink how to accomplish certain tasks and still be able to move the next day . And truly understanding that tomorrow really does have another day to finish projects.

Palustris and Sjoerd like this.
  7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Oh Palu, I remember when you moved there and all the work that you did— serious graft. You have done such a remarkable job with all the plots and areas. I am taking my hat all the way off to you. What an accomplishment. And these days now, the planting is looking smart. I guess that you would not call your garden “mature”, but does look good, doesn’t it.

Pacnorwest likes this.