Garden Gazing Globe/Ball Fetish?

Discussion in 'Gardening Other' started by dirt2diamonds, Jan 16, 2008.

1. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

If you are going to use them outside I would use GE Silicone II for Windows and Doors. I don't know about the bowls and vases.

2. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I love gazing balls. I don't put them all out at the same time because I have a smaller yard now . I did have someone give me a purple bowling ball that I keep on a wrought iron stand...it is just too windy here most of the time in our backyard for the gazing balls..

I had an acorn fall at the other place and put a hole in a gazing ball....I had just moved it to that spot but the acorns fall from so--------high. RUINED...

Did you see what I did at Christmas with one of my gazing balls ? I just put lights inside of it...

I have about 1/2 a dozen stands that are all wrought iron...they were more expensive than the balls...

[​IMG]

3. bsewnsew

bsewnsew Hardy Maple

Your red ball looks so pretty ......
    Line the driveway with them.

4. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

D2D, where do you purchase your gazing balls? You said they were reasonably priced. Is it a chain store (that might be in Texas also). WalMart has some for $10.00, but only in blue and silver (good Dallas Cowboy colors ~ ha-ha! :rolleyes: ). Hob-Lob has lots of them, but I don't call their prices good, :eek: unless you catch them at 50% off. Then they are $15.00! I guess I should try Dollar General and Family Dollar. 8)

Advertisement
  5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Kuntrygal, do you have a Big Lots in Lufkin? That's where I got a really nice green one and two pedestals, one for the ball and one I need to paint and put a planter on. I got them on sale in Aug, but I think the ball was $10 before the sale and they had several colors.

6. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

Yes, we do! Don't know why I didn't think of them. Have found some really neat things there. Thanks, Toni ;)

7. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

I know that feeling

Those gazing balls are amazing - Sherry that is lovely.
    D2D that niece of yours is a lovley child and that other little one, I am sure, will love it too.

8. bsewnsew

bsewnsew Hardy Maple

They make the yard look like christmas all year around..
    Looks cute.

b

9. kaseylib

kaseylib Young Pine

10. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

I got another gazing ball at Hobby Lobby (1/2 price). :smt026 It is a small one,and looks like stained glass mosaic. They also had some beautiful ones, different from solid colors they have had in the past. One was white pearlized with white opaque swirls on it, all colors of translucent with different colored flecks of color. I could have gone crazy, but my friend stopped me :rolleyes:

11. dirt2diamonds

dirt2diamonds In Flower

Sorry out of the loop for a while. The new place that I found is Hobby Lobby and the selection is great and my Hubby bought me a globe ( I still have to pick it out and purchase it[got the cash for it] for valentine's day. It is what I desired most. I don't know what color to get. I want a red one too. There are so many to choose from.

12. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

D2D, the gazing balls may be on sale this week for 50% off. Then you could get 2 :p

13. trencher

trencher New Seed

PVC pipe would make a great stand it is paintable and you can get defferent size pipe for defferent size gazing balls.

14. dirt2diamonds

dirt2diamonds In Flower

What a wonderfully outragous suggestion to us a PVC pipe. Wow the stew people got it going on in the brain department. I think I will have to do at least one stand out of PVC pipe and it would be SWEET to get two globes for half price.